The Official SAAC Forum
December 13, 2017, 11:23:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "THE CHECKERED FLAG"... Gary W. Campbell  (Read 2252 times)
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 06:56:00 PM »

From my personal conversations with Gary, I know he had some heart issues. Not sure if that contributed to his passing?

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Bob Gaines

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2017, 09:34:43 PM »

From my personal conversations with Gary, I know he had some heart issues. Not sure if that contributed to his passing?
I believe he had a heart attack a few years back which is when he became noticeably missing at the events I was used to seeing him at.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
KR500

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 07:00:47 AM »

I believe he had a heart attack a few years back which is when he became noticeably missing at the events I was used to seeing him at.
I don't think he had a heart attack, but Gary either had bypass surgery or a valve replacement that didn't go well maybe 8-10 years ago and needed several additional surgery's to correct the problems he incurred with that procedure. Then I believe in 2012 he had a stroke. He spent several months in a care facility then. I do not know what the cause of his death was but he never fully recovered from his previous health issues. I last spoke with him Dec. 20th. He seamed to be doing fair then. He didn't want to talk as much as usual.

Rodney

Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Concours Judge, SAAC Rep,OH
Bob Gaines

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 09:04:13 AM »

I don't think he had a heart attack, but Gary either had bypass surgery or a valve replacement that didn't go well maybe 8-10 years ago and needed several additional surgery's to correct the problems he incurred with that procedure. Then I believe in 2012 he had a stroke. He spent several months in a care facility then. I do not know what the cause of his death was but he never fully recovered from his previous health issues. I last spoke with him Dec. 20th. He seamed to be doing fair then. He didn't want to talk as much as usual.

Rodney
It must have been the stroke event I was thinking of .  I have had more then a few friends ether pass or have heart issues recently. I for one am past due for a check on my heart heath and trying to get in to a doctor now . I urge my like aged friends to think about getting things checked if you already haven't already done so. 

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
s2ms

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 10:28:17 AM »

Gary was taken to the ER Thursday, April 6th, with pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and acute respiratory failure. He passed away on Friday, April 14th.

A memorial service for Gary will be held at First Presbyterian Church in Everett, at 11 a.m. on Friday, April 28, 2017.

First Presbyterian Church
2936 Rockefeller Ave
Everett, WA 98201

Obit link

Guest Book Link

Dave

Dave
6S1757
Bigfoot
SAAC Member

RIP KIWI

Email
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 11:13:47 AM »

Gary did the inspection on my KR years ago and was happy to give me good advice ("replace THAT fuel line") and I spoke with him from time to time over the years.
Sorry to hear the news and RIP

**********RIP KIWI*********
Can YOU solve the Rubik's Cube?
C6ZZGT

Email
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 08:27:02 PM »

So sorry to hear this. I remember seeing him all over the US at SAAC events and here at MNW shows.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!