The Official SAAC Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:20:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car Show Attendance Request from Member, Saturday, May 27,2017 Holly Springs, NC  (Read 946 times)
MyShelbyDream

Email
« on: April 10, 2017, 06:06:47 AM »

I was contacted over the weekend from Sam Griffith, one of the members of North Carolina SAAC.  Sam has requested we attend an upcoming car show that is dear to his heart.  It is to benefit the Veterans Memorial Park War on Terror Memorial in Holly Springs, NC.

The War on Terror monument honors all civilian and military fallen heroes who died while serving in the War on Terror and in the attack on 9/11. Those military fallen heroes include his son, U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Sam Griffith.  Sam's other son David, chose to build the memorial as part of his Eagle Scout project and was dedicated on June 14, 2014. 

http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/740/War-on-Terror-Memorial

The show is schedule for Saturday, May 27, 2017 at the North Main Athletic Complex on Old 55 in Holly Springs. (This is where the Salamanders Coastal Carolina League plays.)
According to Sam, There will be trophies for Best pre 80 Fords and best post 80 Fords.   Registration starts at 8:30am to 11:00am.  Trophies to be awarded at 1:00pm.

If anyone is interested in attending, please drop me a note. 

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 01:33:05 AM »

Here is a flyer that Sam made up:

(modified to updated flyer)

* Heroes.jpg (121.04 KB, 612x792 - viewed 33 times.)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 02:00:44 PM by MyShelbyDream » Logged

Brian Glover

gjz30075
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 01:59:05 AM »

I believe it was his son Sam who has a nice writeup on Mustang fold down seats.   He was very involved over on the VMF site
http://www.folddownseat.com/

Greg Z
SFM6S2249
MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 04:16:39 AM »

I've been on that site many times, but didn't put the connection together. Thanks for sharing.   If that dedication doesn't motivate us to come out on that day, I don't know what will. 

Brian Glover

ggone1128

got this one in 78, not a day closer to paint

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 03:05:27 PM »

Thank you Brian.

MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2017, 01:50:14 PM »

I just got back from the first annual Remembering our Heroes Car Show in Holly Springs, North Carolina.  It was to raise money to improve the War on Terror Memorial erected in Holly springs.  It was put on by Sam Griffith, one of our SAAC Carolina's members.They had a fantastic turn out for a brand new event, and I wanted to share some pics of it.  Afterwards, everyone got in their cars and drove the mile or so to the memorial to pay our respects to our veterans.  It is really true that car folks are about the best type of people you will meet.  They are very generous when they are needed to be. 

Here are some pics of a very nice '71 Bronco, and I was privileged enough to be parked next to J. H. and Kathie Hamm's spectacular 1969 Hertz GT350 in Grabber Green.  It is really hard to believe that there was a time when you could rent this vehicle for the weekend.  What an amazing time that must have been.  It easily won best Mustang of the day.  Next year I highly recommend that anyone in the area who can, come and bring a car to help honor one of our greatest treasures here in the USA, our military. 

https://imageshack.com/a/Mhrl/1

* Hertz1.jpg (93.21 KB, 800x600 - viewed 39 times.)

* Hertz2.jpg (88.41 KB, 800x600 - viewed 43 times.)

Brian Glover

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!