The Official SAAC Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:19:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yesterday's South Carolina SAAC "meet& greet"  (Read 379 times)
6S1568
SAAC Member

Email
« on: April 02, 2017, 05:04:38 AM »

Please click on, or copy and paste, the link below to view the photos.

https://www.snapfish.com/library/share?w=snapfish_us&c=snapfish&l=en_US#-BnSRBd7LcRZZqGP0lVFxQ/SFO/27942327973060/SNAPFISH

We had a great turnout for our initial meeting. Thanks to all who attended. Our next event is scheduled for June 3rd. I'll send a follow up email as soon as we choose a location.

Two young boys had an exciting morning yesterday as Danny Burnstein was giving them hair raising rides in his red CSX4427. I don't think they'll ever forget their first ride in a Cobra. Danny made sure the little fellows didn't get burned on the pipes when they got back, and you couldn't wipe the smiles off their faces.
Dave Monteau drove CSX4878 over 100 miles to be there. Dave had folks rubbernecking at his Cobra the whole way through Lexington into Columbia. What a surprise, Dave's BIG Block averaged 14 miles per gallon on the trip.
Alex and Barb Stetynski plowed 5S478 up I-95 and I-26 through all the "snowbirds" returning from a winter in Florida. Passing cars where taking their photos along the way. When was the last time you were just driving up the interstate and got passed by a 65 Shelby? What a beauty, love those Cragars. Alex took the back roads home to Bluffton.
I had my Hertz car there and my wife followed up in her new GT.
Marion Andrews is still in the process of restoring his 68 GT-500 convertible, and from the description of this Shelby, we are all anxious to see it at one of our up coming events. We're going to nick name him Mr. 429 SCJ as he has a garage full of 429's. 
Randy and Jan Stewart left their 70 GT-500 at home because they knew the traffic out and around Charleston was going to be heavy due to both the "Snowbirds" and a spring marathon event near Mt. Pleasant. We can't wait to see their 428 in the near future.
What a nice group of Shelby enthusiasts.
Lunch at Travinia's was excellent and the wait staff treated us like celebrities.
We had a lot of folks who were just driving by the restaurant stop and check out the cars. Its difficult not to stop when you see Cobras and Shelbys lined up.
Thanks to everyone, Denny

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 05:16:08 AM »

All in all looks like a great 1st turn out, I can remember the 1st "Tri State Cobra" club meeting, I was the only one who actually brought out a Cobra (replica)....The next meeting, 22 showed up..........So the group will only grow from here.

Not to sound selfish, but you should try a location just off the RT85 corridor for a larger turn out.........I say this as there are far more Shelby members in South (and North) Carolina who live on, or just west of the RT85 corridor that will not go anywhere near RT95/RT385 anywhere near the Columbia/shore area due to the traffic/congestion that occurs on the weekends.

Bill S.

PS: Shame it was not for today, as our unexpected company is having coffee and will be on the road by 9am

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
MyShelbyDream

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 06:58:05 AM »

Great job Denny!  I would have loved to have gotten  ride in a Cobra yesterday too.

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!