The Official SAAC Forum
November 20, 2017, 12:47:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 IN SAAC Spring Fling  (Read 11539 times)
alexgt350h
SAAC Member

« on: March 15, 2017, 04:45:43 PM »

Registration for the 40th IN SAAC Spring Fling is well under way. Like normal, our Board of Directors are very busy getting everything ready for our big event. Frustration

And to make this even more special, Pete Brock Cool one will be on hand to say a few words, and meet and greet all whole attend.

Bring your 67's out and enjoy one of the longest running SAAC regional meets in the country. Party on

Go to www.insaac.org for registration info.

See you all in May!

Brent

csheff

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 03:38:42 AM »

For those who have never gone to this Event, it's a class act. One of our favorite ones of the year. They get the Shelby's out and the friendships u make last a life time. Like Saac.  So come out and make their 40th really special.
Craig

whiteykr

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »

Thanks for another great Spring Fling. The rain stopped and it turned out to be a nice day. For everyone who worked it I personally thank you as person who has only missed one or two in the last 45 years. Brad

NO SIZE

shelbycobra@hughes.net
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »

Well said Brad.. Fun was had by all. This is one show not to miss!!!!

hertzdonut

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 03:39:18 PM »

The cars are great, the people are better. Always good to meet old friends again.
Peter Brock is an amazing man.

Terry

jguyer

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »

Thanks for another great Spring Fling. The rain stopped and it turned out to be a nice day. For everyone who worked it I personally thank you as person who has only missed one or two in the last 45 years. Brad

Wait just one cotton - picking minute (as opposed to a New York minute)

If this is only the 40th Spring Fling, you had to miss five in 45 years that it didn't happen.

I think we need to see pictures to prove you were there this year. Grin

whiteykr

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »

Yes,I guess I went to some before it was called the Spring Fling so technically you are correct. I hope someone can show some photos as I didn't take any. Always a great show and I hope more people can attend in the coming years.
I think I know who you are? Do I?
Brad

Tom Honegger

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 05:12:44 AM »

Pictures will be forthcoming?

Black '67 GT350 #0073...a driver
ed meyer

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »

Another spring fling that went on even with the sat. am rain as we had rain in past on sat. mornings BUT the rain has always let-up & in the afternoon the show went on & many cars stayed in place thru the light rain & we only had to judge 1 GREEN 67 Shelby in the trailer & it wasn't the GREEN #1 67 Shelby on the t-shirts ( that was a NO-SHOW). T. Gilliam brought his freshly restored 67 gt 500 from KY. after taking it to Fl. MCA show recently then to get judged by  IN.Shelby meet judges before indy saac.   Its hard to judge a car in trailer as you cant see much but we did the best we could as this car has a good concours resto & owner wants to correct the car as best he can before next meet & mostly small detail items need improved but is going to be a top concours restoration & a pleasure to judge so thanks T Gilliam for bring the car as part of 67 50th Shelby meet.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:30 PM »

Another spring fling that went on even with the sat. am rain as we had rain in past on sat. mornings BUT the rain has always let-up & in the afternoon the show went on & many cars stayed in place thru the light rain & we only had to judge 1 GREEN 67 Shelby in the trailer & it wasn't the GREEN #1 67 Shelby on the t-shirts ( that was a NO-SHOW). T. Gilliam brought his freshly restored 67 gt 500 from KY. after taking it to Fl. MCA show recently then to get judged by  IN.Shelby meet judges before indy saac.   Its hard to judge a car in trailer as you cant see much but we did the best we could as this car has a good concours resto & owner wants to correct the car as best he can before next meet & mostly small detail items need improved but is going to be a top concours restoration & a pleasure to judge so thanks T Gilliam for bring the car as part of 67 50th Shelby meet.
I would have rather driven the 1200 miles round trip with 0001 and even listen to a certain person tell his one sided stories or what I am doing wrong Hysterical  rather then deal with the roof repairs from a severe storm the day before. It is some consolation to hear that the rain lifted and fun was had by all. I did truly missed seeing all my friends even the typically grouchy one.   Chug a Lug

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
Rodster-500

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:56:55 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
NO SIZE

shelbycobra@hughes.net
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2017, 06:18:43 PM »

So we did have a GREEN 67 Shelby show up to go with the T shirts.... Camera Hysterical

ed meyer

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 05:15:44 AM »

we also had a very original unmolested blue gt 500 KR fastback (recently found in TN.)  show up in survivor class & the smog pump pulley was C8OE (yes we got pics) so that's ANOTHER KR with a C8OE pulley. HUMM  68 judges!!!

jguyer

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 07:34:32 AM »

So we have a picture of two dead guys, but none of live ones at Spring Fling?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!