The Official SAAC Forum
August 23, 2017, 07:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More orignal claims for repro parts . This time 69/70 gauges  (Read 660 times)
Bob Gaines

« on: March 15, 2017, 02:41:23 PM »

Another uninformed seller making claims of original. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-69-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-Faria-Console-Gauges-ORIGINAL-GT-350-500-RARE-/132127126948  I will give him the benefit of the doubt given it is complicated to distinguish between good repros and assemblyline.  The gauges you have are reproduction. The assemblyline gauges are side lighted. The light comes in from slits on ether side of the gauge case.  The repros are back lighted . The originals have a cup that fits over the gauge with the light bulb socket plugged into the cup. The repros are stand alone and the light bulb and socket plugs into the back of the gauge. Also the background on assemblyline are a dark charcoal gray. The later original service gauges and the repros have a all black background. I messaged the seller and hopefully he will amend is post and expectations. I didn't want someone here or anywhere for that matter to get burned thinking they are genuine Shelby.   

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:23:56 PM »

................The repros are back lighted . The originals have a cup that fits over the gauge with the light bulb socket plugged into the cup. The repros are stand alone and the light bulb and socket plugs into the back of the gauge. ............

Just to help illustrate the point    Chug a Lug

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 04:47:31 PM »

Pookie? Or a close friend?

6S273
preaction
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »

He has the console for these gauges listed on Ebay too.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 04:58:49 PM »

Pookie? Or a close friend?

No, he seems to be on the other side of the state. 

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 08:39:28 PM »

No, he seems to be on the other side of the state. 

A pookie network  Head knock

6S273
Bob Gaines

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 10:20:20 PM »

The seller messaged me and said he would adjust his description. I looked and he took out the word "original". Given he didn't say that they were reproduction he left it up to the buyer to determine what is what. Is this a example of lying by omission given you know the truth? I hate to be cynical but given his same high expectation of price I don't think he is being completely honorable in this case.  His same high expectations on the price may also influence a buyers perception of if being original instead of repro given no information. Well at least he changed the wording so maybe a uninformed person will inquire. If someone buys them thinking they are genuine they will technically not have recourse through Ebay because he didn't claim that they were genuine. Maybe all I did was help him fine tune his deception.  Frustration . At least those reading here will not be fooled.   Chug a Lug  

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
5S386

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »

I asked about them and got this: 

"They aren't the original from 69 but they made them to go in the console after that and those are the ones."

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 07:12:36 PM »

Black face old repos by Faria

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!