The Official SAAC Forum
August 23, 2017, 11:40:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GT-500 clutch fork and dipstick tube  (Read 578 times)
onelimegold

Email
« on: March 13, 2017, 02:05:05 PM »

Hi to Shelby fans !  my first post .   how a clutch fork ( with wire ) is attached to the bellhousing pivot ??  easy to figure out the one with the clip but the wire ... ??   can someone post pics or explain how it works please ?     second question is for the correctness of my NOS oil dipstick tube . i do have the C7OZ-6754-A . it looks like the end entering the block is not perfectly rounded ( crimped ) causing problem to install . is that normal   ??  thanks for your help . 

motorhead428

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 08:10:38 PM »

Hello onelimegold, I just installed my new dip stick tube and had the same issue. I filed the shinny spots on the tube (tight area) a little at a time until the tube pushed into the block with some resistance. Cleaning the tube with brake clean each time to remove any metal filings. Before final installation put a small amount of sealer on the tube. Good luck, take your time.

I haven't installed my clutch fork onto the bellhousing yet, but the wire spring has a long and short end. The long end goes to the top side of the fork. To install the wire spring put the long end into the fork first from the inside then push the short end thru the hole on the other inside ( both ends will protrude out of the fork. If the short end won't go thru the hole file it a little. Rick  

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:20:21 PM by motorhead428 » Logged
shelbypat

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:18:26 PM »

Hi Onelimegold and welcome to the board.Can you post  pics of your belhousing pivot  style and spring ?
Will be easier to help and figure it out.

Patrick

Patrick
onelimegold

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »

thanks !!  problem solved !! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!