The Official SAAC Forum
December 13, 2017, 11:28:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Color code for '69/'70 rear end differential  (Read 635 times)
5S003

Email
« on: February 17, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »

I have a local club member who is wanting to spray paint his '69-'70 differential housing but he has no access to an air compressor or spray gun, so he was hoping to do this by rattle can. He found a place who can make the paint up and put it in a spray can but he needs the color formula , I remember at least for the early cars it was close to the PPG   DP74, the red oxide, but is there any other paint info or I would think the paint supplier should be able to get the breakdown for DP74? Thanks, I thought this was a previous asked on the forum , but could not access the link .     

papa scoops

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 10:06:18 AM »

a company called PREVAL makes a spray system you an get at fred meyer or most hardware type stores. comes with glass bottle and a sprayer it's about 6 bucks, you can get replacement air/nozzle for about 4 bucks (in the spray paint dept,) then just thin and pour your paint, it holds 16 oz, into the sprayer and paint. I thin local Wesco store can get you the dp 74, or whatever color you want. phred

phred 6s1122 68#3168
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »

Most good companies that mix paint can put that paint directly into a aerosol can as well. Its expensive, but can be done.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
J_Speegle

www.ConcoursMustang.com

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »

I think the challenge is the two part epoxies primer/sealers like DP74. There are companies that sell clear coats in a can but not sure if you can get those filled, with two separate sections in the car that mix once you activate the process just before application, custom like the simple single stage rattle cans.

With the Pressure attachment to the container you could mix the paint and the hardener in the container and spray if you have to have to use a rattle can. Another option might be to just mix and brush the product on once its reduced to a point where it will not leave brush marks nor be so think as to stand out once dry.

Just a thought  Chug a Lug

Jeff Speegle
Enthusiast, Judge, Detail Collector, ConcoursMustang.com Mentor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!