The Official SAAC Forum
December 15, 2017, 10:27:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where Is The Shelby Registry?  (Read 7435 times)
jackaubrey

« on: January 31, 2017, 08:09:08 AM »

This will sound like a silly question to most of you but where is the Shelby Registry? Is it accessible online or do you have to email the registrar directly with the VIN of the car you're researching? I don't own a Shelby currently but I hope to purchase a 67 or 68 this year and would like to be able to find out what info is available on a particular cars I'm interested in, as I encounter them during my search.

silverton_ford
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 08:15:20 AM »

You can purchase the registries here:   http://saacstuff.com/collections/saac-shelby-and-cobra-registries

Caution, once you buy one, production on everything (home, family, project car, life, diet....) seems to stop and you spend countless hours with your head deep intertwined in the pages of these books.    Chug a Lug

Thank you,  Brian

My Cars:
1966 Mustang FB C-code
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ - 4spd
GT350CS

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 08:17:31 AM »

+1

They are a MUST have!

It is well worth the price.  Also this Forum is the place to be for expert advice.

Dennis

Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 08:26:24 AM »

OK, you can buy one.  Or, pal up with someone you know that has a current one.  That way you can ask what does the registry say about this car.  Since you wish to purchase either a 67 or a 68, just giving you a heads up, the registries are divided by: Cobras and GT 40's, 65-66-67s, and 68-69-70s.  So, you would end up buying two.  Kind of expensive.
   And also, there are two different registrars for these years, so keep thier email address handy.  You'll need them.  It is possible to post for information about VIN  here on the forum, but that will let the "snake" out of the bag of a potential sale.
   And finally, do get a minimum of the last four digits of the Vin number so it can be looked up quickly.  Better yet, the entire VIN.

MyShelbyDream
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:59:08 AM »

Great advice from Rodney, but please note he means the Shelby vin number, not the inactive old Ford vin number (at least with respect to looking at a '67).  That number should be kept private and only shared with the '67 registrar.  This confidentiality is to safe guard both you and the car.  Also, feel free to discuss any information with the club's Registrars.  They've taken a vow of silence, not alike a Catholic priest.  (Ok, obviously I'm exaggerating, but you get the point).  Roll Eyes

Good luck on your search!

Brian Glover
SAAC North Carolina's Representative

jackaubrey

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 08:59:58 AM »

Wow, you guys are fast! Thanks, on your collective recommendation I just ordered the 68-70 for now. You're not kidding $205 plus shipping.

GTBULLITT

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 09:02:48 AM »

with 1472 pages you'll be happy

jackaubrey

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 09:21:13 AM »

Thanks Brain, you mean it's safe to show the 5 digit serial number of your Shelby (the part after the dash on the Shelby VIN plate)?

jackaubrey

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 09:24:26 AM »

You can purchase the registries here:   http://saacstuff.com/collections/saac-shelby-and-cobra-registries

Caution, once you buy one, production on everything (home, family, project car, life, diet....) seems to stop and you spend countless hours with your head deep intertwined in the pages of these books.    Chug a Lug

Ha! Yes it's already shipped so if it's here by Friday I'll clear my schedule and go into hiding this weekend!

Alan

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 09:32:38 AM »

Thanks Brain, you mean it's safe to show the 5 digit serial number of your Shelby (the part after the dash on the Shelby VIN plate)?

Nothing to hide for '68.
However, for '67, showing the Shelby vin is kosher.  The Ford vin is a no no

SAAC Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:38:33 AM »

The registries are really way more than you'd ever expect. Worth the $.

jackaubrey

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 09:43:22 AM »

Nothing to hide for '68.
However, for '67, showing the Shelby vin is kosher.  The Ford vin is a no no

Meaning it's ok to show the entire Ford VIN for 68 and up but not for 67? Why?

Just trying to learn as much as I can.

Alan

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 09:48:43 AM »

Meaning it's ok to show the entire Ford VIN for 68 and up but not for 67? Why?

Just trying to learn as much as I can.

The '68  in is already exposed for the world to see.  The '67 ford vin is not exposed so it helps to counter would-be fakes.

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 10:12:45 AM »

we sell them for the museum   for $175  i

SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 01:20:35 AM »

Getting active on this forum is a great first step, and buying that Registry is the perfect follow-up. Just donít forget to actually call the registrar when you get serious about a specific car. They may have information that was discovered/received after the Registry was printed.

Steve

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!