The Official SAAC Forum
March 25, 2017, 12:35:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Shelby American Winter Issue  (Read 7599 times)
SFM6S087

Email
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:24:06 AM »

The 2017 Winter Issue of The Shelby American is now available in the members area of www.saac.com. And, yes, I have a personal reason for liking this particular issue. Iíll probably be buying 10 extra copies of the printed annual when it comes out.

Steve

GT350Lad
SAAC Member

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:30:34 AM »

Great story Steve, I really enjoyed reading it! And yes your wife sounds like a real gem! Well done  PeelOut

6S273
sfm6s1506

sfm6s1506

jlewis1329@aol.com
Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:41:31 AM »

Great story Steve , enjoyed a good cup of coffee this morning reading👍👍

Jerome

Brant

www.VAMustang.com

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »

That's awesome, Steve. Thanks for sharing your story, and thank you for all of the work that you have done with the carryover owners group and web site. Your enthusiasm is contagious and just fantastic for the hobby.

-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Click here to subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information!
mcdonas
Drive it, you'll never regret it
SAAC Member

Drive it like you stole it

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 06:18:03 AM »

Wow! What a fantastic story, I'm sure may people would have given up and just sold off the car. The trails and tribulations you went through made my stomach churn, I applaud your tenacity and perseverance in getting this journey completed. What really impressed me is your wife, they say behind every great man is a great woman, but yours deserve the Oscar, Emmy, Tony, Grammy and Noble Prize. Most wife's would have told us to get rid of that money pit and move on, but yours not only stood by you but encouraged you to move forward with your dream. Your car certainly looks like a prize winner, but your wife is the grand prize.
Hope to see your car at SAAC convention or some other meet and congratulate you on the car
Again, this was a great story and I really enjoyed the telling of your journey

6S1431 owned since 1971, driven cross country 3 times, daily driver until for almost 20 years, has over 200,000 miles on it. Every time I drive it it makes me feel like I'm 21 again
car 26-JD

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 09:20:11 AM »

Steve, Great story and CONGRATULATIONS!!

1967 GT350 - car #26
Chris NOS

5S241 proud owner

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »

The pic on the cover is amazing !!!  Cool one

ITHERTZ

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 12:28:42 PM »

Steve,

Thank you for sharing your story.  I was right there with you word by word.  I think we all can relate to similar experiences with our cars (both the ups and the downs).  I'm really excited for you.  You have the experience and pride now that money can't buy.  The rich folks buying $300K impulse products at BJ will never understand how much you love your car.   Chug a Lug

Troy

6S2020

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:01:45 PM »

Excellent well written story. Smiley
Enjoyed it over a cup of coffee.
Enjoy the ride.  PeelOut

Darryll

SFM6S2020  1 of 29 Factory Black (no LeMans stripe) non Hertz cars. SAI company car.
Rodster-500

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 07:19:59 PM »

The pic on the cover is amazing !!!  Cool one

+1

USS Texas, just saw it in November.

Texas's main battery consisted of ten 14-inch 45 caliber Mark 1 guns, which could fire 1,400 lb armor-piercing shells to a range of 13 mi    Shocked

You meant the ship right?  Grin

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
SFM6S087

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 09:31:09 AM »

Thanks for all the nice comments. Itís both gratifying and humbling to know that so many people actually read and enjoyed my story. Iím obviously not a professional writer, and that story isnít exactly an action/thriller. I was afraid that at 8 pages long, it would put people to sleep. And believe it or not, I left out some of the details or it would have been even longer. Ouch!

And getting my car on the cover was a dream come true. Actually, thatís a story of its own which I may write someday. Warning Ė your kind words here may be creating a literary monster.

If youíve ever considered writing about your car I highly recommend that you go ahead and do it. I can tell you from experience that Rick Kopec is great to work with and will be happy to help you if needed. And from the response here, it looks like this type of article is appreciated by the SAAC community. Tag Ė your turn.

Steve

[Note: A little clarification for those who may be confused by some of the comments in this thread Ė ďthe articleĒ being discussed is The 36-Year Restoration. Thatís the story of my history with 6S087 - the car on the cover.]

« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:47:55 AM by SFM6S087 » Logged
Rodster-500

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 09:52:29 AM »

After I got done staring at the cover,  Wink  I read the story and I have to agree with the others.  Great story.  Chug a Lug  

Every detail was interesting but the one that stands out the most for me is how the car was recovered from the junkyard. Had that not happened, there would not have been a story.  Amazing fate.  The car looks incredible by the way and I can only imagine your excitement when seeing it delivered.

Somehow I think the married guys here will want their wives to hang out with your wife for awhile.  Grin

The suggestion of owners sharing their stories has come up before and it's a great idea and I too hope to see more.  I doubt many stories will be as dramatic as yours but every owner and car has a unique story to tell.

Thanks for sharing and I guess it's time to get writing too.  Wink

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
SFM66H

The Sales Office at LAX in 1966

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:54:42 PM »

I had the distinct privilege of meeting Steve when he came to Green Bay for the first time to see his car, in May 2014.
It ironically turned out that we had a common bond with a small part for his car, except that I had no idea before that day that it was for his car!

We became fast friends that weekend, and remain so to this day. He has been a huge help to me with several of my projects since then, and I can never thank him enough for all of his help.

Except to say that Steve exemplifies the best thing about this Shelby American hobby: The people you meet.

Thanks Steve!

Kieth

1966 GT 350H owner since June 30, 1976
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!