The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 08:17:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel Cell / Tank Anti-slosh foam bricks  (Read 1268 times)
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« on: January 03, 2017, 06:43:25 AM »

Anybody have alot of experience with these? I had a grey set in my fuel cell, but a few years ago they started to disintegrate and clogged the fuel pump. Pulled them out, no more clogs.

With the new front suspension, brakes, and stickier tires, my FFR really corners hard and is much faster, and is experiencing more fuel starvation than I want. I am not looking to replace the tank, just asking for experience if any of you have it with the foam inserts or other methods of handling fuel slosh. Currently I have to maintain a minimum of half a tank.

Thanks in advance for constructive comments.

Dan

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

NC TRACKRAT

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 07:18:36 AM »

Dan, I ran a '95 Cobra R for a few years and, while I had no problem with the blue foam inserts, the bladder started to leak.  I found that it was no more expensive (and easier) to replace the entire FUELSAFE unit than to just replace the bladder and foam or to send in the bladder for repair.  FUELSAFE told me that bladder life was, at most, 10 years.  You might want to check with them and other fuel cell manufacturers to determine the expected life of the foam. I would think that the foam is the lightest and most effective way to avoid fuel slosh.

SFM6S1467
SFM5S071
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 08:20:24 AM »

Agreed, and the foam is available from many sources. I will check it out.

On the FFR forum, I was shown this Holley product:

https://youtu.be/yfE1v65fNZI

The trick would be how to internally plumb it into my RCI Cell

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

NC TRACKRAT

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 10:59:34 AM »

The Holley HYDRAMAT looks like a winner and should solve the problem. With conventional foam, take the measurements of your cell's bladder, then cut up blocks and stack outside to simulate how they should be placed inside the bladder, then insert them, starting with the lower level and finish with the upper level, allowing for the area of the pick-up/fuel level sensor.

SFM6S1467
SFM5S071
DKS RACING

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:41:10 PM »

Dan:
I had an RCI fuel cell in my race car with their red foam bricks,11 years and no problems what so ever.....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!