The Official SAAC Forum
September 21, 2017, 07:12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spotted in Boyertown, PA  (Read 2514 times)
Bill.
Global Moderator

« on: October 14, 2016, 07:38:35 AM »

Just got a call from an agent of "Da Bunnies"

Just spotted on RT73, making a left near 3 Dog Garage, dark green, street 427 Cobra with Montana plate reading "No Kit"

Anyone?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:40:19 AM by Bill. » Logged

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
Cobrask8
SAAC Nat'l Coordinator of Regions

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:32:41 AM »

Isn't that the one they were working on? There was a green 427 there when I was there Monday, but I did not look at the plate.

Official Home of CHEPSK8 RACING TEAM

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 12:23:29 PM »

Isn't that the one they were working on? There was a green 427 there when I was there Monday, but I did not look at the plate.

Marc Allen was not able to chase it down as he was headed in the opposite direction with two of his kids, but sounds about right.

Bill S

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
shlby66

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 12:24:17 PM »

It is the one, 3 Dog Garage, restored. Chris Leibenberg, was giving it, it's initial, shake down cruise.  PeelOut

KarlCSX2498

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 01:25:05 PM »

I went on a one car cruise in my 427 yesterday,  from Boyertown,  to Barto,  to Topton,  and all thru the hills to Huffs Church and back again........did not see a green 427........it would of been a lot more fun with  more than one Cobra.
later, karl  

owenkelley

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »

Most of you are probably aware of this, but there are a lot of high end cars, motor homes etc. running around with Montana plates on them because you can have an attorney sign you up for an LLC in Montana, then you use that address to register your car. It is a way to avoid the sales tax in your home state. Most of these cars never set foot in Montana, however in the last few years there have been some that get shipped to town and then stored here for a period of time. Presumably because they are then registered as if the people used to live here and then moved to their actual state of residence. I am told that some states have been looking closely at classic/exotic cars with Montana plates. In some cases they can be charged with tax evasion and be forced to pay back taxes if caught. I went to a Shelby show in Southern California about three years ago and there were several cars there with Montana plates, including the Cobra from The Gumball Rally. About a year and a half ago I watched a 289 Cobra being unloaded here in Missoula that had just sold for $1,155,000 at one of the Arizona auctions. I saw this car driving down Missoula streets that had gravel all over them in February! I'm not sure I would have been very happy if I was the owner and knew my car was being driven in Montana in the winter! This car shared storage space with a La Ferrari and couple other exotics.

* 289 Cobra pic3.jpg (75.43 KB, 800x450 - viewed 128 times.)

'67 GT500
'87 GLHS
'07 GT500
Rodster-500

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 05:10:54 PM »

I went on a one car cruise in my 427 yesterday,  from Boyertown,  to Barto,  to Topton,  and all thru the hills to Huffs Church and back again........did not see a green 427........it would of been a lot more fun with  more than one Cobra.
later, karl  

That's the noise I heard!!    Grin   I'm not too far from Topton.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
KarlCSX2498

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »

I have to admit,  I was making a lot of noise.    Next time I'm gonna cruise the hills around Topton I will send you a PM,  or post here,  if anyone wants to join in,  that area is great for a sunday afternoon cruise.   maybe we will see a green 427 Cobra along the way.

later, karl   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!