The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 02:02:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing - Snakebite Classified Ads Online  (Read 19636 times)
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« on: February 05, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »

Announcing - Snakebite Classified Ads Online

We have opened the first Members-Only section on the SAAC Members site - the Snakebite Classified Ads.

This is the first stage of getting the club's newsletter contents online and will reside on the Members site.

As you know, the Snakebite consists of Club News and Classified Ads. This first step publishes the Classified Ads for easy and instant access by members. Now, we will be able to publish ads as they are submitted to HQ and not have to wait as long as two months for the membership to see them. The current plans are to update the Classifieds with new ads on a weekly basis.

We tried to design the system to be easy to use, so we modeled it after a "forum-style" presentation. All the favorite categories are there, and each ad is like a single post on a topic.
We incorporated some features to make it easy to scan the ads and to watch for new ones as they are posted.

You will not be able to post your own ads; they still need to be submitted to SAAC HQ for approval and publication.

Here's a quick run-through on the Classified Ads Online.

The "Ad Forum" is accessible from a hidden Members Only menu that will be visible only when you have logged in.

Note - saac.com and saacforum.com login names will not work on this site. As a SAAC member, you must create your login by filling out the Profile form and have your membership status validated by HQ.

Once you have logged in, you will see the menu. Choosing Ad Forum will reveal the categories of the classifieds.

Clicking on any one of the listed categories will reveal all the titles of the ads in that section.

-more-

Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »

This is our first 'very sexy' feature: if you want to quickly scan the ads for something that interests you, just slide your mouse down the list. If you "hover" (pointing, without a click) over a title, a pop-up box will show the body of the ad.

This is a fast way to breeze thru the listings. If you want to view the entire ad, just click on the appropriate title.

E-mail addresses and website URLs are hotlinked for easy response to an ad.

At the bottom of the members menu, we provided a form for submitting a classified ad to HQ. It will make sure that you provide all the necessary information.

Once our system gets rolling, we expect to process and post the new ads each weekend.

The second really-neat feature is the ability for you, as a member, to subscribe to any category in the ad system. This way, you will receive automated e-mail alerts when new ads are added to the category.
You can unsubscribe at any time, but this feature gives you an immediate "heads-up" when new goodies are posted.

Just click on the "Subscribe" link on the category summary page. This will say Subscribe to Forum. Don't subscribe to an individual ad (topic)...that will probably never change....just subscribe to the whole category (Forum).
Remember, your login is your e-mail address, so this is real simple for us to do.

We have loaded the system with the ads from the current Snakebite, just mailed.

Take a few moments and check it out... tell us what you think. We tried to make it as simple to use as possible, while not having you scroll thru lengthy pages of text.

Next stage....The News.... coming soon.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 07:41:23 PM by Computerworks » Logged
RodKnock

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:29:45 PM »

Ron, Looks great! Fantastic job!

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:46:05 PM »

I guess I will have to start bringing my laptop into the bathroom for some quality reading time.  It's just not the same ...man.
Jon

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:46:16 AM »

Looks great to me  Wink

Think the new electronic format will really be a plus compared to the old newsletter as ads will be viewable to all potential buyers at the very same time. Unlike the mailed copy where some people had a lag time of days.

Bill S.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
RodKnock

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »

I guess I will have to start bringing my laptop into the bathroom for some quality reading time.  It's just not the same ...man. Jon

Don't worry, you'll get used to it.  Wink

shelbydoug

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:17:07 AM »

Ron. Your description is very provocative. I had to go take a cold shower first. Now I'm sitting here shivering and getting shocks from the keyboard. Thanks a lot pal.

"buy it or watch it go by"
Tom H

turbonut48
Email
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

I like the Members Only site.

What I would like to see, and I thought for sale ads had to have it, is to have prices for the parts and vehicles listed.
Otherwise theres all this neat stuff out there, and I have no idea if I can afford it without makeing a bunch of long distance calls.

Correct me if Im wrong (My wife does every day).

The Nut    HeadSpin

1968 GT350-Lime Gold Green
FFR Daytona Coupe
shelbydoug

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 06:34:48 AM »

What I would like to see, and I thought for sale ads had to have it, is to have prices for the parts and vehicles listed.
Otherwise theres all this neat stuff out there, and I have no idea if I can afford it without makeing a bunch of long distance calls.

The Nut    HeadSpin

Wait a minute? Are you suggesting that there was ever one time that she acknowledged that you were right? Amazing...truth indeed is stranger then fiction

shelbymann1970

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 09:05:49 AM »

Looks great to me  Wink

Think the new electronic format will really be a plus compared to the old newsletter as ads will be viewable to all potential buyers at the very same time. Unlike the mailed copy where some people had a lag time of days.

Bill S.

Yeah, the lag time sucks. I used to get Hemmings 1st class. Well I sold my Boss 429 because I had a spare complete air cleaner to oil pan, fan etc S engine to put into another Boss9. Well I kept checking Hemmings each month and the engine less ones were always sold. once I called on one in the Chi-town area. I got the Hemmings on a Monday. He sold it out of Hemmings on Saturday. Well I then contacted a guy I knew in Chicago and tracked Hemmings delivery for as while. Seems like the Chicago area got theirs about 2 days before
I did. someone also told me that the NY, LA and Chicago areas because of distribution would usually get theirs first. That was the late 80s. Not long after that I dropped my first class delivery. Gary

SAAC Member
1970 GT350 vert
1969 Mach1 SCJ 4 speed DP car
Tom H

turbonut48
Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 09:06:16 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: turbonut48 on Yesterday at 10:58:59 AM

What Im saying is :  Im almost never right, but I pick my very small victories where I can.

The Nut     HeadSpin

1968 GT350-Lime Gold Green
FFR Daytona Coupe
shelbydoug

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:37 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: turbonut48 on Yesterday at 10:58:59 AM

I pick my very small victories where I can.

The Nut     HeadSpin

Speaking just for myself, how did you win even one? Even if I win I still loose. It's got to be some type of Venusian head screwing thing. I don't understand it 'cause I'm not from there. Geeze I never thought of being gay but from this side of the street it is starting to look interesting? At least we could work on the car and do guy things together.

I feel like Duddly Moore in the movie "10". Do you remember that one? Do you remember the scene where he has a discussion with Julie Andrews about 'a hooker being virtuous because she states the price up front'? Men aren't this crazy normally. The Venusians just love to screw with our heads CONSTANTLY.

I need a 'Fortress of Solitude'. It's called the garage. I'm gonna go lock myself in there NOW. Read the sign on the door please..."NO GIRLS ALLOWED!" I don't need help, I just need to stay away from women, especially the really pretty ones.

mbeaulieu66

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2011, 07:11:29 PM »

Ron, Nice move going on line with the Classifieds.  I also thought the online registration process for the convention was great.  Very, very easy to use.  Great job.

Canuck350

GT500 - 3054

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2011, 11:43:26 AM »

Where are you seeing this convention registration?

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2011, 11:51:45 AM »

Where are you seeing this convention registration?

That was for last years convention registration as the post you just responded to was originally posted here February 14, 2011,

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!