The Official SAAC Forum
August 21, 2017, 06:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 67 wiper arm indexing  (Read 1243 times)
houlis

Email
« on: August 13, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »

I just finished bench testing my 67 wiper motor after taking the motor cover off and inspecting the brushes and doing a light cleanup of the commutator ring, ( the thing the brushes ride on ). Put it back together and all tested OK. Hi/Low speeds and park function good. My question is what position should the wiper arm attached to the motor be at in the parked position. I'm pretty sure it rotated a little off its original spot when I pulled the motor guts out. I want to be sure its in the correct position when I eventually reinstall so that the wipers park in the correct position. I've read that if the arm is off too much the wipers will park in the straight up position instead of down near the cowl. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Brian

The Kid

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:14:19 PM »

I know you posted this some time ago but you're exactly right. I just finished the restoration on my 67 fastback and the wiper blades were the last parts I installed. About 2 weeks later, I cut on my wipers and watched the blades rake right down my cowl causing a substantial amount of damage to the paint. I'm just waiting for warm weather so I can repaint the cowl. I reckon by the time I have to buy a quart of primer, base, clear etc... it will have cost me a few hundred hundred bucks.

I suggest activating your wipers motor with the blades off; then cutting the switch to the off position. When your sure that they are correctly stopped in the off position, install the blades.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!