The Official SAAC Forum
October 17, 2017, 06:12:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAAC-42 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway  (Read 27880 times)
GTBULLITT

Email
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 09:52:40 PM »

Be Assured Concours class owners will be very well taken care of this year

Parking overall is being address this year   

ITHERTZ

« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 02:05:38 PM »

I really hope that all the concours cars are encouraged to leave their cars out for the weekend for the public to be able to view the big convention draw.  Last year at OHIO, 95% of the cars were snugged away in their trailers by the time I got around to trying to catch a look.  Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

TOBKOB
SAAC Member

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2017, 07:19:07 PM »

I really hope that all the concours cars are encouraged to leave their cars out for the weekend for the public to be able to view the big convention draw.  Last year at OHIO, 95% of the cars were snugged away in their trailers by the time I got around to trying to catch a look.  Kind of a bummer if you ask me.

+1

Red67co

« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2017, 07:57:44 AM »

Is there going to be Preregistration have not seen any thing about it?

car 26-JD

« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2017, 08:18:19 AM »

Is there going to be Preregistration have not seen any thing about it?

As per the e-mail notice to members:

"...Watch for details over the next few weeks as we finalize the plans for this year's National Convention.

PLEASE NOTE - Advance Online Convention Registration WILL NOT be available online until March 2017. It is not necessary to register for the convention at this time; we do urge attendees to reserve their hotel rooms as early as possible. ..."

1967 GT350 - car #26
Tusk
SAAC Member

'67 GT350 #2629

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2017, 09:20:26 AM »

This will be my first SAAC convention and I will be trailering my car from southwest Missouri. What will I do with my car once I arrive? Will I keep it at Indy each night? Will I take it back to the hotel with me? I'm just trying to get some things figured out.

Thanks!

sfm6s1506

sfm6s1506

jlewis1329@aol.com
Email
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2017, 12:06:11 PM »

You can leave it or take it. I usually leave mine and have never had a problem.

Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2017, 12:08:37 PM »

Tusk:  Whole lot of "maybees" there.  At the MCA's 40th (held at the Brickyard)  You had to check in across from the Brickyard's south entrance, put a decal on your car and get everybody's track ID stuff.  At the gate, there were folks with scanners to scan the barcode on the ID.
   Off to trailer parking.  Park the trailer and off load the car.  Follow the instructions of the yellow shirted folks to where you are supposed to go.  That weekend, only MCA stuff was there.
  Me, I left my Shelby at the track overnight the two days figuring it was safer than driving the Shelby around town.  Plenty of security gaurd there...and cameras.  If you are doing Concours, I'll be surprized if the Concours display is not inside one of the buildings.
  Get around town?  Well, that is what the tow vehicle is for.  OK, there will likely be an informal go an show at the hotel that you might want your car at.  Depends on you.

OK, this is all dependant on what SAAC sets up, and might be entirely different.

Tusk
SAAC Member

'67 GT350 #2629

« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »

Thanks guys. That's what I was looking for. I would prefer to just leave it there at the track and drive my truck around everywhere else.

The_Mayberry_Garage

Email
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2017, 04:17:13 PM »

Greetings All.

Just a quick note to thank anyone and everyone who had a part in planning and getting the nationals together at Indy this year.  2016-17 hasn't been a good year health-wise for me, but I was determined to get to the track for at least one day...and I did on Friday.  It was great to see some faces I knew and to meet some new friends as well.  One car I enjoyed seeing was the red '67 "Prison Car" from Michigan.  What a story on that Shelby!  Thanks to the owner for sharing with me tidbits of its history.  The final result is well done.

Mid-Ohio last year, Indy this year - how lucky can a guy from Indiana be?

Dave @ The Mayberry Garage

car 26-JD

« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2017, 08:03:07 PM »

Tusk - it was good to meet you, hope you had fun!

Dave - The Mayberry Garage, didn't meet you but good to hear you made it!

1967 GT350 - car #26
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!