The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 07:41:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Calling all SAAC Members!  (Read 20846 times)
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« on: January 26, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »

Calling all SAAC Members!

We are launching "step 2" of SAAC's Online Membership Project.

The new Members Only site will be used to manage your membership dues and renewal, as well as allow you to update your personal contact information.

To accomplish this, you must create a user account on the new site. This also gives us an opportunity to refresh our master member list with current contact information.

Please visit the SAAC Members Only site and choose Membership from the menu.
Select "Existing Member" and fill out your contact information. This process will also create your log-in credentials for the Members Only content that will be added to the site.

You must have this login to access the future issues of the Shelby E-merican, as well as the future online Snakebite News.

Your "Existing Member" application will be validated by Jay Talbott, the Membership Director, and your account will be activated. Once you are "in the system," you will receive automated e-mail reminders for membership renewal and you can handle your dues securely via Paypal or credit card.

As always, contact SAAC tech support at pitcrew@saac.com if you have any difficulties with the site.
Address any membership questions or difficulties to Jay at membership@saac.com

CaptDave

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 07:02:55 AM »

Ron

I was a little confused at the end.  Who has access to our "Profile Information"?

CaptDave

Hurricane Irene 0 / CaptDave 1
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 07:06:21 AM »

I was a little confused at the end.  Who has access to our "Profile Information"?

Only the Membership Office at SAAC HQ.
We have turned off the feature that allows other members to view any of your profile.

Tom H

turbonut48
Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »

I'm in !!

I like it!

When new articles are added, how will we be notified?

The Nut     HeadSpin

PS: I'm being dragged into the 21st Century kicking and screaming !

1968 GT350-Lime Gold Green
FFR Daytona Coupe
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 10:59:10 AM »

I'm in !!

I like it!

...Good!

When new articles are added, how will we be notified?

..good question...and currently under discussion.

It's a pretty safe bet that an e-mail blast to all members will be sent when Spring 2009 is up.

It's not clear yet if we should do the same when and if new articles are added.... opinions?

68-776
Checkered Flag

mikek31756@hotmail.com
Email
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 11:19:51 AM »

I think I am done. Not big on all the computer stuff though. I guess I am not big on change. Maybe that's why I still have my 68 GT350.

Why does it say member since 1-27-09? I have been a member since the early 80"s.  See that's why I don't like change. I just lost 30 years of my life.

HeadSpin

1ntCobra

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 11:22:20 AM »

Ron,

Is the only purpose of the member only site to read the club magazine and classified ads?

Would it make sense for our member only profile information to have a place to put our saacforum.com username?  Maybe that would not make any sense if nobody can see our member only profile.

Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 11:37:35 AM »

Why does it say member since 1-27-09? I have been a member since the early 80"s.  See that's why I don't like change. I just lost 30 years of my life.

That would be the date you filled out the new profile form. The Membership Office will edit your profile to reflect your correct expiration date, when you are validated.

I don't know if they will update the member-since field from the old files..

Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 11:41:59 AM »

Is the only purpose of the member only site to read the club magazine and classified ads?

Actually, the primary purpose is to manage the membership and renewal functions with an on-line, self-service capability.

The Members-Only areas of the site, when fully developed, provide a convenient way of delivering the magazine, the Snakebit News and the Snakebit Ads to...members, only.

Would it make sense for our member only profile information to have a place to put our saacforum.com username?  Maybe that would not make any sense if nobody can see our member only profile.

Since we are not enabling the ability for anyone, even members, to peruse the member directory, no one would see it.

I think we decided that since the Forum is free for anyone (members and friends) that a connection to the member database was not necessary.

SFM5S000

California Native

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 12:20:29 PM »

Hello Ron (computerworks),

Am I missing something here, I went to the SAAC website. I didn't see a membership tab. I saw a Log In and Password. So I logged on and it acknowledged me. Is that it? Tried to manuver through to see if I could connect my Log on to my actual paid membership or to my personal info. Nothing. Pls advise.

Thanks,
~Earl J

2015 VP NorCal Region SAAC
2013/14 Member at Large Norcal Region SAAC
2012 VP NorCal Region SAAC
Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 12:23:53 PM »

Hello Ron (computerworks),

Am I missing something here, I went to the SAAC website. I didn't see a membership tab.

Hi Earl...

Did you go to the club's "open" website (saac.com)

...or the new Members-Only website: http://saac.memberlodge.com  ?

Rick Kopec
SAAC Director

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 04:23:24 PM »

That would be the date you filled out the new profile form. The Membership Office will edit your profile to reflect your correct expiration date, when you are validated.

I don't know if they will update the member-since field from the old files..

Our previous database only goes back to 1989. And we do not have any information as to when a particular member first joined. In hindsight, it would have been nice if we had kept that kind of information. But we didn't. So aside from someone's membership being current or expired, we have no idea when someone was first entered into the database.

Rick

The people in the cheap seats always boo the loudest.
Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 06:34:35 PM »

Hey, maybe you can put together the Shelby American Auto Club member registry!  Members, send in your photo along with any body modification data and date of membership origin with historical (or hysterical)footnotes. Cool

Computerworks
Administrator

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 10:57:15 AM »

idea

..just a reminder:

If you are a current SAAC member, get on over to the Membership site and fill out your profile to create a login account and validate your membership.

It only takes a few minutes...

http://saac.memberlodge.com

steele138
skeptic since 1974

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »

just tried to log-in and said check  my log in info.
matches e-mail saying everything cool
am I missing something
Scott

" I hate to advocate the use of drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone;but its always worked for me"
Hunter S Thompson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!