The Official SAAC Forum
September 26, 2017, 12:34:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby GT dealer price  (Read 47906 times)
CaptDave

« on: January 20, 2008, 12:36:46 PM »

I went to Pompano Ford in South Florida yesterday.  They had a new 2007 Shelby GT Black/White.  The Ford factory sticker said $29,760.  A Shelby (Las Vegas) sticker said $10,000.  Total $39,760.  I was there less than 30 min when the manager said I could have the car for $32,900.  That's $6,860 off the total price.  This seems like a pretty big drop.

Is the $10,000 Shelby adds on a hard number?  Or does the dealer get it from Shelby a lot cheaper?  Does anyone know the dealer cost on this car?  And if so how much lower are dealers willing to go?

Hurricane Irene 0 / CaptDave 1
6s1802

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »

Hey Captdave, buy that turd. They are asking $51,000 for shelby Gt's in So Cal.

gofastguy

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 01:16:42 PM »

Cost of the Shelby upgrade and GG tax is $8390.  However, $32900 is a very good price, and likely at least a little under cost...

shelbydoug

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 01:50:50 PM »

I saw a GT500 yesterday and the dealer wants $53,000. $5,000 over sticker. (Not invoice, STICKER).

I hope he likes it in the showroom. It's going to be there a long time.

"buy it or watch it go by"
realshelby

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 07:26:15 AM »

The "Shelby" upgrades are indeed $8,390. The dealer has NO markup in that amount. I just checked and there is a $2,500 rebate available in the Texas area, likely elsewhere as well. This depends on zip codes as to what rebates offered. After adding the Shelby costs, figuring in dealer holdback and taking off the rebate the price mentioned ($32,900) is likely below cost. We sold two of the Shelby GT's, both for around "sticker". But I don't think they have moved all that well. At introduction and for a long time there were no rebates/rates offered on them. $32,900 is a good deal! I think even more pressure will be put on the Shelby GT sales for 2008. The new Bullitt is probably a better performing car for thousands less.

As for the GT 500's.....They are bringing well over the $5K markup in the Houston area. And they are not sitting long here!

65 GT coupe  69 GT 500  00 Lightning  03 mach 1
CaptDave

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 08:27:52 AM »

The "Shelby" upgrades are indeed $8,390. The dealer has NO markup in that amount. I just checked and there is a $2,500 rebate available in the Texas area, likely elsewhere as well. This depends on zip codes as to what rebates offered. After adding the Shelby costs, figuring in dealer holdback and taking off the rebate the price mentioned ($32,900) is likely below cost. We sold two of the Shelby GT's, both for around "sticker". But I don't think they have moved all that well. At introduction and for a long time there were no rebates/rates offered on them. $32,900 is a good deal! I think even more pressure will be put on the Shelby GT sales for 2008. The new Bullitt is probably a better performing car for thousands less.

As for the GT 500's.....They are bringing well over the $5K markup in the Houston area. And they are not sitting long here!

Thanks for the ($8,390) Shelby GT upgrade and ($2,500) rebate costs info.  I know if I want GT500 price and rebate info I can use MSN Autos, Kelley Blue Book and Edmonds all online.  I have even used Consumer Reports to help by girlfriend get a new 2006 Honda S2000 for $6,545 below list.  New car with 3 miles on it no damage.  That was last year.  I got dealer final cost after looking at dealer rebates, buyer rebate, holdover and anything else.  I really look into a sale before I buy.

Where do I go to get Shelby GT price info?  All options listed with dealer invoice and sticker prices.  I can't find anything.  Also, is there a place to find how many of a certain type (Grabber Orange/ Black 2008 GT500's Coupe)?

realshelby

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:41:10 AM »

Captdave, the Shelby GT price info is not as easy to look into as a regular Mustang GT. You might be able to look up on Edmunds or other sites the Mustang GT invoice pricing. You would have to add the Shelby Upfitters package (54U) to get the actual price on the car as sent to SAI. The price for the work SAI does is NOT included in Ford invoicing. It is paid thru the dealers parts statement and is paid for separate from the standard floor plan of a Mustang GT or other car. The 2007 coupes were $8,390 charged to our parts statement. The dealer has NO markup in that amount but could charge more for the car at their discretion. I recieved a notice a few weeks ago for a charge of $10,390 for a Shelby GT convertible 2008 model. I am not sure what is being done to the convertible to add that much more. This was all started before the Shelby/SAAC dispute and it is too late to cancel. I don't know who ordered a &%*# convertible anyway! The sticker will be $47,220 for it! As of today the 2008 Shelby GT's do not have any Ford standard rebates or dealer cash.

Are you looking for an Orange/black GT 500? I am not sure of your question. I done a search and came up with 15 Shelby GT 500's in Orange/black in the US on the locator.

DaltonDavid
Innovator Artist Genius
Administrator

Proud SAAC Member

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:25 AM »

Just sold my Shelby GT with 9200 miles for $25,000!! That car depreciated big time in NO time! But I did get another "GT".....a FORD GT!!

Founding father of www.saacforum.com
shelbydoug

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:19 AM »

Just sold my Shelby GT with 9200 miles for $25,000!! That car depreciated big time in NO time! But I did get another "GT".....a FORD GT!!

Sure Dave, rub it in. I suppose the Ford GT depreciated somewhat also?

"buy it or watch it go by"
CaptDave

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2008, 02:34:22 PM »

Captdave, the Shelby GT price info is not as easy to look into as a regular Mustang GT. You might be able to look up on Edmunds or other sites the Mustang GT invoice pricing. You would have to add the Shelby Upfitters package (54U) to get the actual price on the car as sent to SAI. The price for the work SAI does is NOT included in Ford invoicing. It is paid thru the dealers parts statement and is paid for separate from the standard floor plan of a Mustang GT or other car. The 2007 coupes were $8,390 charged to our parts statement. The dealer has NO markup in that amount but could charge more for the car at their discretion. I recieved a notice a few weeks ago for a charge of $10,390 for a Shelby GT convertible 2008 model. I am not sure what is being done to the convertible to add that much more. This was all started before the Shelby/SAAC dispute and it is too late to cancel. I don't know who ordered a &%*# convertible anyway! The sticker will be $47,220 for it! As of today the 2008 Shelby GT's do not have any Ford standard rebates or dealer cash.

Are you looking for an Orange/black GT 500? I am not sure of your question. I done a search and came up with 15 Shelby GT 500's in Orange/black in the US on the locator.

No, not looking for anything special yet (Orange, Blue, Red...).  Still trying to see the real price and value of these cars. (Shelby GT & GT500).

I saw a 2008 Shelby GT Blue convertible for $36,265 + $11,800 total $46,065 at Maroone Ford of Delray Beach, FL.  They didn't seem like they were coming down on the price at that time.  But I was just looking.  That was the first Shelby GT I sat in.  They also had a black/black 2008 GT500 convertible for $51,485 + $11,500 over sticker for $62,982.  I don't know how they are going to sell a black on black no stripes convertible in Florida?

Do you think the Shelby GT is going to have any special value in the future?  Or is it just going to be another loaded up Mustang GT?  Same question about the GT500?

realshelby

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2008, 02:53:17 PM »

Do you think the Shelby GT is going to have any special value in the future?  Or is it just going to be another loaded up Mustang GT?  Same question about the GT500?

I don't have a crystal ball that big! My personal OPINION is that the Shelby GT-H's have now come down in price to the point they might retain more of the price ( in the 30K's) than other cars. Of course you are buying a used car already. I think, and again my OPINION, is that the Shelby GT's will drop substantially in price. Just as bad as a Saleen or Rousch. I don't see them bringing much more than a Mustang GT.

Of course I also told friends and customers that I thought by the end of the 2007 model year the GT 500 would be selling for sticker! The 2008 models are here and I have people waiting to pay $7500 over sticker for our next one. There is a very good reason for this. The GT 500 is a real value! Even with markup this car cannot be duplicated for thousands more. If Ford does not produce as many GT 500's this year as last they may stay over sticker, at least in this market. We had 8 to sell in 2007, we don't have the 2nd '08 here yet so I think maybe production is down. That may be a good thing. These cars may hold their value very well. Look at the Ford GT. Most sold over sticker, even the last ones. Used prices are not far off original MSRP. Simply put the GT 500 has the hardware to be worth the money. The Shelby GT can be duplicated for less than the asking price. Which is the better value?

wrlenzo

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »

FYI...Kruse Auction sold about 50 Hertz rental cars yesterday at the 2nd Annual Sports and NASCAR Racing memoribilia auction.  All cars sold.  They were run across the block, convertibles first, lowest mileage (1400 miles to 9000 miles for the convertibles and 28,000 avg. miles for the coupes).  The first car, the 1400 mile convertible, sold for $54,500.00 and the last convertible sold for $50,000.00.  There were 4 or 5 coupes, selling for $28,000.00 to $32,000.00.  I'm sure someone will post the exact information in the near future.
A Hertz executive was in attendance but didn't say much.  Most of the cars showed signs of use, lots of machine car washes, a few dings here and there....but most would clean up nice.  They were all automatics with soft boots and floor mats in the trunk.  
It will be intersting to see these cars come on the resale market, and watch the pricing.
According to Dean Kruse, this was the first group of Hertz cars sold to the public.
They sold in a little over an hour.

realshelby

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »

The first of the 2007 Shelby GT-H coupes that went to auction were bringing in the $80-90K range! Obviously they are down from that. I think the same thing will happen to the convertibles. We had one in the Service area last week for some warranty work. From the looks of the "crayon" marks on the windows I am sure it is headed to an auction also.  I saw two GT-H convertibles at an SVTOA type event outside of Houston recently. I am not too sure I would want to pay top dollar for either of those after what they went thru on the track!

bret a ewing

Email
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2008, 03:53:01 PM »

Shelby GT's were available for Xplan in '07, I'm sure in 3Q of '08 the same will happen.

CaptDave

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2008, 08:44:20 PM »

Shelby GT's were available for Xplan in '07, I'm sure in 3Q of '08 the same will happen.

What is the Xplan all about?  I never heard of it.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!