The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 02:00:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Logos  (Read 5534 times)
Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« on: March 09, 2016, 10:33:19 PM »

Gents/Directors/Board,

As you already know, we have a really nice SAAC Windy City logo for our club.  We have purposely kept it traditional to represent SAAC and just added the words Windy City Region as an identifier.

We are also in the process of creating a Windy City Logo that will not resemble the original SAAC logo, as we do not want to create any trademark infringements or the like. 

My question is:  Do you have any guidelines or parameters when it comes to having our own club logo?  It would mean that we would use either or both logos when it makes sense for us.

Here is our current SAAC logo as a reference. 

You may ask why we would want another logo?  We like the idea of having a logo with a Chicago/Windy City spirit, that also has a cobra built in.  Drawings are in process.

Thoughts?

Proud owner of two Shelby's.
Proud member of SAAC.
Proud contributor of Windy City SAAC Region
car 26-JD

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 07:19:50 AM »

Typically it is advised that entities not have two (or more) identities.  Creates doubt, confusion and says you have a split personality - you don't know who/what you are.  (There are some examples of breaking the "rule", best example is Coke and Coca-Cola.)

Augmenting an identity for a product or event is not unusual.

Given your situation you can probably do as you wish. 

Others knowledgeable on this forum will probably comment...

Shelby6T5

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 08:34:13 AM »

I created a composite of the SAAC logo, with Long Island at the bottom, showing the new NYC Trade center tower at one end and the Montauk Lighthouse at the other, each a defining endpoint of our region. I can send you a pic if you like. It may also be somewhere on the forum if you look at my old posts.

M.

Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 09:38:08 AM »

I created a composite of the SAAC logo, with Long Island at the bottom, showing the new NYC Trade center tower at one end and the Montauk Lighthouse at the other, each a defining endpoint of our region. I can send you a pic if you like. It may also be somewhere on the forum if you look at my old posts.

M.

That would be great.  Would love to see it for ideas.  I agree that one is better, but it can get too big while incorporating the SAAC in the center.

Appreciate it M.!!

Proud member of SAAC.
Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 09:39:56 AM »

Typically it is advised that entities not have two (or more) identities.  Creates doubt, confusion and says you have a split personality - you don't know who/what you are.  (There are some examples of breaking the "rule", best example is Coke and Coca-Cola.)

Augmenting an identity for a product or event is not unusual.

Given your situation you can probably do as you wish. 

Others knowledgeable on this forum will probably comment...

No arguments with your logic.  One is better.  We continue to look at the SAAC logo and figure out who to give it a Chicago Windy City feel too, and have not come up with anything, but will keep trying.  In the meantime, we do like the idea of a more specific logo for the local club.  Time will tell!!

Chug a Lug

Proud member of SAAC.
jguyer

Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 10:41:23 AM »

Motor City Region was fairly easy to predict. cobrajeff did the artwork, so it came out rather nice.

Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »

Motor City Region was fairly easy to predict. cobrajeff did the artwork, so it came out rather nice.

We have spoken a great deal about your logo and it makes so much sense (the motor city)!  It's actually an inspiration for us.

Chug a Lug Chug a Lug Chug a Lug

Proud member of SAAC.
acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »

Gents/Directors/Board,

As you already know, we have a really nice SAAC Windy City logo for our club.  We have purposely kept it traditional to represent SAAC and just added the words Windy City Region as an identifier.

We are also in the process of creating a Windy City Logo that will not resemble the original SAAC logo, as we do not want to create any trademark infringements or the like. 

My question is:  Do you have any guidelines or parameters when it comes to having our own club logo?  It would mean that we would use either or both logos when it makes sense for us.

Here is our current SAAC logo as a reference. 

You may ask why we would want another logo?  We like the idea of having a logo with a Chicago/Windy City spirit, that also has a cobra built in.  Drawings are in process.

Thoughts?

You should include a picture of a politician huffing and puffing.  They dont call it the windy for the weather  (-:

Wedgeman

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 01:20:08 PM »

When we redesigned the logo for the Washington State Region (WASAAC)..we wanted to give it the Northwest Flavor... this is an actual T-Shirt....

* WASAAC T SHIRT.jpg (14.15 KB, 800x1100 - viewed 121 times.)
Chris Thauberger
68 Gulf Tango Fiver

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 03:51:57 PM »

Ahhhhhh... Webers!

I like that logo so much I had to buy a shirt (can't afford the real Webers, yet!)

Chris

Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 05:03:16 PM »

You should include a picture of a politician huffing and puffing.  They dont call it the windy for the weather  (-:

This is an accurate statement.   Chug a Lug

Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical

Proud member of SAAC.
Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

When we redesigned the logo for the Washington State Region (WASAAC)..we wanted to give it the Northwest Flavor... this is an actual T-Shirt....

Very cool.  I had not seen this!!

Will use as a possible example as well.  Thank you!!

Chug a Lug

Proud member of SAAC.
Wedgeman

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2016, 05:28:29 PM »

When we redesigned , We used.. Mt. Rainier as a background. the skyline in GREEN ( including the Space Needle ) for Washington is called  " The Evergreen State"....then put..."WASHINGTON REGION" ...inside a Shelby Rocker Stripe......... with the SAAC logo rising over the mountain.. Camera

You might want to use landmarks  & things or events your region is noted for...

* WASAAC T SHIRT.jpg (215.04 KB, 800x1100 - viewed 98 times.)

* wasaaclogo4 2.jpg (1.06 KB, 150x150 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 05:31:07 PM by Wedgeman » Logged
66shelbyNZ

Sometimes the best things in life are not 'things'

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »

Ahhhhhh... Webers!

I like that logo so much I had to buy a shirt (can't afford the real Webers, yet!)

Chris

yes the SHIRTS are super cool too -  thanks to CSheff  we  wear these all the time .........

* happy famliy.jpg (8.09 KB, 800x600 - viewed 162 times.)

6s349

Boss302 L.S #43
Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »

All great suggestions!!

Thank you!!

Proud member of SAAC.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!