News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Look what I found in the pumpkin patch...

Started by kjspeed, October 28, 2018, 07:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kjspeed

Spent Saturday at the Ocala Pumpkin Run car show and I came across another 68 GT350. I saw this one at the Silver Springs show in January (he won 1st place for his class) but I never took pictures. He's not a SAAC member and it appears this was a lost car since the registry only lists the original owner. It is a dual serial number car and he spent many years restoring it (and he's not quite done yet). I'll post pictures here the "hard" way so you can enlarge to your heart's content!

And Old Barnesy was there too!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

kjspeed

In case you can't read the info card here is what it says:

Ronnie Dasher
Riverview, FL

This car was purchased in 1968 from Ray Hunt Ford in Daytona by Elizabeth Davenport. I purchased the car in 72 as a 17 year old senior from the second owner for $1750. After driving the car for 6 years it was parked to start restoration. 27 years later off the frame restoration started. Half way completed the guys move to Tennessee. The car sat another 11 years. The guys at Lead J in Madison, FL completed the restoration in June 2016. For the first time in 39 years I was able to drive my car once again. Overdo!
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt

Love your man-sized tires.   8) and Webers!

I thought I better let you know a rodent is attacking your Cobra.   ;D

Well, maybe it's fuel injection, not Webers. Can't read the sign.

kjspeed

Yes, those are 48 IDA Webers, and yes those are some meaty tires - L60's in the rear and F60's up front. They look nice but ride like crap, so I have another set of rims with Cooper Cobra radials for driving.

I got one Cobra and two Cobra/Mongoose taxidermy animals when I bought the car so it's fun to display them. The kids are really attracted to them. I put one in the driver's seat and it's funny to watch people's reaction when they look in the car. It keeps people's heads and hands from poking through the window!

~Kevin
1968 Shelby GT350
1968 Mustang GT S-code
2009 Mustang Bullitt