The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:49:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seeking advice and feedback for our Club's purpose statement.........  (Read 5153 times)
Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »

I think it makes for a great statement and basis for a club to use. One can always tweak and try to specifically classify the cars, so I won't go there. It is much more of a mission statement as you desire, and I think it works. It would be a good idea for all regional groups to at least look it over, and see how it applies to them.

SAAC is suffering through a period of decreased membership compared to the glory years of long past. One of the goals of HQ is to gain membership, so a statement like this shows that there is an open appreciation of all Ford vehicles, a desire to work with many in the automotive community, and show a definite desire to embrace more. The days of keeping such a narrow focus to just SA vehicles from 1962 to 1970 is long past, and I personally like the expanded focus. My regional group operates in this fashion, and it has brought in some great members who own vehicles that do not have a Shelby VIN.

Keep up the great work Jose! I look forwards to finally meeting you at SAAC 41!

Thank you amigo!!  I need to thank the rest of the Windy City team for thier collaboration on this.

Progress being made.   Chug a Lug

Proud owner of two Shelby's.
Proud member of SAAC.
Proud contributor of Windy City SAAC Region
Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 04:16:04 PM »

It all looks good to me.  And I live in the Suburbs of the Windy City. (got nothing to do with wind, it has everything to do with corruption)
    And so, I'm at the beginning of building a car influenced by something Carroll Shelby built.  Some are not going to like it, some are.  Doesn't matter as long as I like it.  Besides, I also own a real 67 GT 350  Has it since 1971.  Thats enthusiasum right there.

Illinicane

'65 GT350, '68 GT500

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »

It all looks good to me.  And I live in the Suburbs of the Windy City. (got nothing to do with wind, it has everything to do with corruption)
    And so, I'm at the beginning of building a car influenced by something Carroll Shelby built.  Some are not going to like it, some are.  Doesn't matter as long as I like it.  Besides, I also own a real 67 GT 350  Has it since 1971.  Thats enthusiasum right there.

Thank you Rod.  Look forward to seeing you at a future meeting/event.  Perhaps bring that 67 or special project!!   Cool one

Chug a Lug

Proud owner of two Shelby's.
Proud member of SAAC.
Proud contributor of Windy City SAAC Region
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!