The Official SAAC Forum
December 13, 2017, 06:17:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1967 GT 350 (Early) Taillight Trim Bezel Options?  (Read 1827 times)
DGSOH

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2017, 12:37:38 PM »

One of my aluminum taillight bezels has a separation on the horizontal section right at the center mounting stud. It's been that way for as long I've had the car. Questions if I may:

• Is this thought to be repairable?
  • If repairable does anyone have a recommendation for said craftsman?
  • If I'm forced to use a reproduction who produces the most faithful repro?
  • Anybody have one just laying around maybe? :)

Thanks.

Digging up this old thread, hope folks don't mind...

Was just wondering if in the past 2 years anyone has come across a reliable craftsperson that could and would do such a repair? There's the one I need listed on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Shelby-Mustang-Taillight-Bezel-Pass-Right-S7MS-13A537-A/263357456850?hash=item3d5153e1d2:g:4IMAAOSweZJaGIV8&vxp=mtr) so it made me start thinking about this again. I have a set of older reproductions (flat on the back, no stand-off) that look pretty good but would rather have originals if possible.

Not sure I'm ready to separate myself from that kind of money ($350 - $500) for the ebay part. Any thoughts on if what the seller is asking is in line with the going rate? Or what the going rate might reasonably be other than the old standard "whatever someone's willing to pay"?

Thanks -

DGSOH

Bob Gaines

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 02:32:58 PM »

Pairs that don't need repair (when you can find them) go for 600-800.00. If you find them for less it is your good fortune.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
rcgt350

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 02:35:44 PM »

So what makes the bezels Left and Right? I thought the lenses were one for either side.

DGSOH

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »

So what makes the bezels Left and Right? I thought the lenses were one for either side.

To quote from another thread (http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=7277.0):

"Actually, to be technical, there were 3 different "versions" of the 67 Shelby tail light bezel that were produced. 2 were as Bob mentioned with mounting studs and then mounting screws, but somewhere in early to mid production there was a version that had the mounting studs along with a small right angle of material or "shelf" along the back side bottom of the bezel as shown in Jim13mac's, and Cobreens's photos. I believe that these bezels only came on the earlier cars with the flat tail light panel and the extra material helped in the installation and alignment of the bezels during assembly. Once SA went to the "raised" tail light panel, there seemed to be no further need for the shelf material on the back the bezels, and is not present on the drill hole and screw style bezel."

Rodney T
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:58:11 AM »

My only experience is with an early car.  Yes, there is a "lip" on the pair, making them a left or a right.

And the other experience is with a pair of repops (I'm building a clone).  There seems to be a difference on the inside (gas filler) sides of both.  They just look a little different.  And they need to polished up.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:00:07 AM by Rodney T » Logged
rcgt350

Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 08:21:17 AM »

Thanks for clarification on that Rod. Now will a tail light lens work for both left and right?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:05 AM »

Thanks for clarification on that Rod. Now will a tail light lens work for both left and right?
Yes the lens works ether side.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
car 26-JD

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 11:11:59 AM »

Yes they will fit either side

Also, if you have the non Lip/shelf version of the cast aluminum tail light trim pieces they will fit either side.

car 26-JD

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:24:50 AM »

Here is a image of the trim piece with the tabs/shelf sections...

* BezelTabs0303.jpg (43.8 KB, 640x480 - viewed 33 times.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:33:07 AM by car 26-JD » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!