The Official SAAC Forum
May 24, 2017, 02:55:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: want to introduce you all too #1154 GT500  (Read 6974 times)
Rodster-500

« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2017, 06:51:44 PM »

Stunning car!   Chug a Lug

Hope to see it in person in Indy.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity
imming1965

WWW Email
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »

You do great work Jeremy. Chug a Lug
thanks Brian... I'm lucky to get to work on these great machines...

Bob Gaines

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2017, 10:02:21 PM »

Jeff thanks for your input... I thought the same thing but in this picture I have from june 1967 the bracket sure looks not to be black but phosphate and oiled. would sure like other input....plus the one that I restored didn't have any black on it before I restored...I know that isn't proof, I just finished it the way I thought was right. I will change if more say otherwise.
You did the right thing by copying the picture if you do not have any other background information. With that said given many other survivor examples I would change the bracket to black and also the unpainted check valve is anomalous also. This is not a Shelby thing but a Mustang thing. With the overwhelming majority painted on both items unless you can prove the picture is for your exact car it becomes a continual question. Also painted is more maintenance friendly . You may want to review the blue overspray on the intake given the picture which is typical to others observed . It looks like the heater hose fitting is painted. That special 2 pc fitting was added after engine block painting (same as 67 390).  The long fitting was silver and I have seen the knuckle fitting bare steel or silver.Great effort. Chug a Lug

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 10:05:55 PM by Bob Gaines » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
SAAC Member

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2017, 10:29:35 PM »

Bob, which check valve are you suggesting should be painted? Those on the thermactor tubes?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:01 PM »

Bob, which check valve are you suggesting should be painted? Those on the thermactor tubes?
Sorry, yes the check valve on the thermactor tubes not the gulp valve.

SAAC Member

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2017, 11:20:05 PM »

Sorry, yes the check valve on the thermactor tubes not the gulp valve.

Is the check valve between the oil fill tube and the bottom of the air cleaner phosphate?

Thanks for clearing that up.   Cool

Bob Gaines

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2017, 07:38:31 AM »

Is the check valve between the oil fill tube and the bottom of the air cleaner phosphate?

Thanks for clearing that up.   Cool
No,that one is originally zinc dichromate .

greekz

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2017, 08:14:35 AM »

Great looking car Jeremy. You do great work.  Not being very familiar with big blocks, I noticed you have ban type clamps verses wire clamps on the radiator hoses.  Is that a big block/small block difference in cars built in San Jose?

Greek

6S1134 - '67 GT-350 #2339
KR Convertible
Paul Orr
SAAC Member

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2017, 08:29:07 AM »

Looks great!  I do have a question.  Why is the air cleaner lid black on the edges like a 68?  Reply#40 has pics of what I would expect to see on a 67.  Was this one of those goofy 67 running changes?    Chug a Lug

1957 Thunderbird F code
1959 Cadillac 62 Series convertible
1966 Mustang GT convertible
1968 GT500 convertible #0181
2016 Ford "Exploder"
2016 F450 King Ranch
Bob Gaines

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »

Looks great!  I do have a question.  Why is the air cleaner lid black on the edges like a 68?  Reply#40 has pics of what I would expect to see on a 67.  Was this one of those goofy 67 running changes?    Chug a Lug
I don't think it was a running change for 67. As far as I know it was a change just for 68 . 67 should have the sides sanded. They didn't sand off the edges in 68 like 67 . It was less labor whether it translated into more profit or not I don't know.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2017, 09:06:23 AM »

Great looking car Jeremy. You do great work.  Not being very familiar with big blocks, I noticed you have ban type clamps verses wire clamps on the radiator hoses.  Is that a big block/small block difference in cars built in San Jose?

Greek
That was big block only and ended early 68 . Some early BB metuchen Shelby's that I have seen had them too.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »

I hope Jeremy dosn't mind me answering a few questions directed at him . I thought he deserved a rest after all that great work he did on the car. Chug a Lug

greekz

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2017, 09:16:35 AM »

That was big block only and ended early 68 . Some early BB metuchen Shelby's that I have seen had them too.

Thanks Bob.  Learned something new.

6S1134 - '67 GT-350 #2339
imming1965

WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2017, 09:29:37 PM »

I hope Jeremy dosn't mind me answering a few questions directed at him . I thought he deserved a rest after all that great work he did on the car. Chug a Lug
Bob you can answer questions anytime you like. I appreciate the help and knowledge that you have offered and others. I don't mind the suggestions and opinions on any part of the restore. I only try to do the best job I can with the info I have at the time. anything can be changed if wrong and I don't get upset if someone points out something they think might need changed and if I don't agree we can discuss...Bob so now we think it is best to pint check valves??? I thought we were on the page that they were not painted?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2017, 09:40:11 PM »

Bob you can answer questions anytime you like. I appreciate the help and knowledge that you have offered and others. I don't mind the suggestions and opinions on any part of the restore. I only try to do the best job I can with the info I have at the time. anything can be changed if wrong and I don't get upset if someone points out something they think might need changed and if I don't agree we can discuss...Bob so now we think it is best to pint check valves??? I thought we were on the page that they were not painted?
This information is evolving just as the expectations for restorations are. We have to get used to changing our point of view given new or overwelming information to the contrary.  Chug a Lug

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!