The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 04:17:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Friedman Photos  (Read 2943 times)
terlingua11

« on: November 13, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »

I did a quick check on the old threads to see if this was already covered in October and didn't see anything so I thought I'd post the link. I apologize in advance if it's been covered-

http://www.carbuildindex.com/58949/just-released-never-published-before-photos-of-shelby-mustang-gt-350s-being-produced-in-venice/

6S1904
CSX2122
Saleen#19R
LS651
silverton_ford
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 09:17:09 AM »

It was buried in another thread.  http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=33764.msg261090#msg261090

Thank you,  Brian

My Cars:
1966 Mustang FB C-code
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ - 4spd
terlingua11

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 09:18:10 AM »

My bad... thanks-  Shocked

6S1904
CSX2122
Saleen#19R
LS651
silverton_ford
SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 09:26:56 AM »

My bad... thanks-  Shocked

No problem.  It was kinda hard to find in the other thread.  Thanks for posting your link.  I hadn't seen that one yet.   Smiley

Thank you,  Brian

My Cars:
1966 Mustang FB C-code
1969 Fairlane Cobra FB 428CJ - 4spd
Bob Gaines

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 10:19:44 AM »

At what point did Friedman leave Shelby American? The move to LAX or before?

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
stickshift

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 10:12:41 AM »

At what point did Friedman leave Shelby American? The move to LAX or before?

I do remember his 67 and 68 T/A pictures being posted on one of the sites previously so he was in attendance and these shots at LAX means he was there then?

Was he ever on "the payroll"? I thought he just got payed on a "per diam" basis?

That was part of the crux between he and CS. Caroll saying he owned the pictures and Dave disagreeing with that?

The remarks I remember were not complimentary to Dave about it from Shelby?

They are great pics and there have been other claims by Shelby about owning other things that he did not?

Aren't there some pictures of the 69 Boss 302 T/A car that he has in his portfolio as well?

He has other pictures of other team cars on the tracks. I'd guess and say he was always just an independent photo "journalist"?

Bob Gaines

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 01:19:51 PM »

I do remember his 67 and 68 T/A pictures being posted on one of the sites previously so he was in attendance and these shots at LAX means he was there then?

Was he ever on "the payroll"? I thought he just got payed on a "per diam" basis?

That was part of the crux between he and CS. Caroll saying he owned the pictures and Dave disagreeing with that?

The remarks I remember were not complimentary to Dave about it from Shelby?

They are great pics and there have been other claims by Shelby about owning other things that he did not?

Aren't there some pictures of the 69 Boss 302 T/A car that he has in his portfolio as well?

He has other pictures of other team cars on the tracks. I'd guess and say he was always just an independent photo "journalist"?
He could be included in the "we" as he puts it early on in 65 and not later. I believe he was let go when the move was made to LAX if I remember correctly  what I was told. There were better price alternatives found so I have heard. There have been numerous "claims" over the years of unauthorized use of others photos by him. I have one friend who has the copy rights to vintage photos that were purchased from the original photographer who worked for Shelby as a engine builder but Freidman claims one of the photos the past employee took (that Freidman is using in a new book ) to be ones he took. Just one example that I have seen proof of that adds credence to others claims. 

stickshift

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 02:01:54 PM »

Kopec may be the best source of information on this? I think he was the one that asked CS about the relationship? Perhaps he will chime in with some details that he knows of?

I want to say that this has been discussed in the past in either an interview, an article or another thread but at this point I don't remember. It wasn't very recent in any case.

Kind of an academic technical question though? He was still around and the pictures are still great and really kind of priceless now?

The LA shots are great. You can see the smog in the distance.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 02:04:33 PM by stickshift » Logged
Bob Gaines

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 04:35:20 PM »

Kopec may be the best source of information on this? I think he was the one that asked CS about the relationship? Perhaps he will chime in with some details that he knows of?

I want to say that this has been discussed in the past in either an interview, an article or another thread but at this point I don't remember. It wasn't very recent in any case.

Kind of an academic technical question though? He was still around and the pictures are still great and really kind of priceless now?

The LA shots are great. You can see the smog in the distance.
Yes kind of academic at this point . Strange however if he didn't work from lax move on all the pictures attributed to him after his release.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!