The Official SAAC Forum
August 23, 2017, 11:59:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SAAC40 Pictures  (Read 89984 times)
csheff

Email
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2015, 04:29:18 AM »

Kim & Bruce a BIG +1 Well said

_____GT350

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »

(Photo courtesy of Bill Stone)  Track time was a blast. 

* IMG_3568_a_1.jpg (7.31 KB, 800x534 - viewed 285 times.)
Iceman
SAAC Member

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2016, 11:18:14 AM »

Smiley

* DSC04195.jpg (8.09 KB, 800x600 - viewed 344 times.)
Iceman
SAAC Member

« Reply #123 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:39 AM »

Pete Brock

* DSC04198.jpg (50.14 KB, 800x600 - viewed 380 times.)
Rick Kopec
SAAC Director

WWW Email
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »

I didn't get a chance to run that by Kopec at SAAC40. He was busy Executiving.  I have the sneaking suspicion that he would know exactly what I was talking about?

Hey Rick. You made that town famous?  Grin

It couldn't be that they changed it to "blue balls"? Nah? Hey Rick...you missed that opportunity?  Hysterical

Here's the story on that. Six months or so prior to every convention we would make a run to the track and hotels to check them out. While we weren't exactly in covered wagons, this was before the Internet, MapQuest, GPS or Google. Basically all anyone had to navigate with was a large Rand-McNally US map or the fold-out road maps they gave away at gas stations. [I realize that SAAC members below a certain age will have no idea what I am referring to here.] We used to draw maps to include in the pre-registration materials we mailed to those who registered in advance. We didn't want anyone not familiar with the area to waste time getting lost.

As it turned out, we had to go to Pocono a couple of times and each time we passed the exit for Scotrun. Before I realized what it said, I thought it said "Scrotum." It was just one of those things that I remembered as especially humorous. When I got home and started drawing the map to Pocono, when it came time to put the Scotrun exit on the map I purposely wrote "Scrotum." I thought that was very funny and then didn't think very much about it.

When the convention was under way, a couple of members' wives came up to me at various times and pointed out the "mistake" on the map. I acted shocked and embarrassed and said I had no idea how that could have happened and I hope that not too many people noticed it. I did have trouble keeping a straight face.

Ok, a joke is a joke. But now, some twenty five years later, it comes back courtesy of the Internet's perfect recall.

Rick

The people in the cheap seats always boo the loudest.
stickshift

« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2016, 05:20:54 AM »

Well some people are kinky and like being bitten on the "butt-tocks"?  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!