The Official SAAC Forum
November 17, 2017, 11:37:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby "Sanction II" 427 Cobra CSX Series ....(CSX 3065)  (Read 7629 times)
CorvetteMike (formerly mikeljgt500kr)

In the High Mountains of New Mexico

« on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:26 AM »

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/88267-carroll-shelby-trust-to-complete-unbuilt-427-shelby-cobra-competition-chassis-race-cars/

Grumpy

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 10:12:07 AM »

wow... unreal what you can find hanging around in your old garages and buildings  Popcorn Party on

vernonestes

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 11:01:47 AM »

I love that the company is still building cars. I'm a fan. It helps keep the hobby strong. (something SAAC is responsible for more than any on organization including any Shelby organization)

However.

Stuff like this just reeks of desperation.

After the embarrassment that was the first run of "completion Cobras"..I'm just astounded that the company wants to travel down that road again. Even aside from the fact that all new alloy 4000s (and presumably these "new" csx3000 cars) are supposedly almost entirely built now in UT by Kirkham. (according to a few authorized dealers)

The whole statement reads a lot more like a long defense of the company and its actions than a press release which is attempting to sell cars.

If anyone needs me Ill be in the shop building 5S563. I found it languishing outside the old LAX hangars.

Vern

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »

So, are they claiming these are leftovers again or just continuation cars? If the later, whats the news?

Whats even more amazing is Carroll Shelby is going to sign the manufacturers statements of origin!

HeadSpin

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:31:35 AM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 11:31:48 AM »

So, are they claiming these are leftovers again or just continuation cars? If the later, whats the news?

"The statements contained in this press release that are not purely historical, including statements regarding the Company’s expectations, hopes, beliefs, intentions, or strategies regarding the future, are forward-looking statements"  Hysterical

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 11:32:02 AM »

I think they are claiming these are leftover original Cobras, not newer build "continuation" cars.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 11:33:13 AM »

Whats even more amazing is Carroll Shelby is going to sign the manufacturers statements of origin!

HeadSpin

AutoPen, the Shelby Foundation offer it all the time.

vernonestes

Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »

I think they are claiming these are leftover original Cobras, not newer build "continuation" cars.

I dont think they are claiming that, anymore at least.

They are just using unused chassis numbers...between 3062-3100 I would assume?

Vern

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 11:37:35 AM »

Okay, this time I mean it. Im digging out the Autoweek story. Carroll tried this in 1992.

I think the company is desperate as well. They must have found this old Autoweek, when they were cleaning out his desk?

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:05:14 PM by Coralsnake » Logged

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »

LOS ANGELES – May 12, 2015 – Fifty years after the 427 Shelby Cobra was first introduced, the Carroll Hall Shelby Trust will complete and offer to the public the remaining original Competition Chassis race cars that were started in 1965.

Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:03 PM »

Autoweek May 25, 1992

« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 12:23:12 PM by Coralsnake » Logged

Bill.
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 12:19:22 PM »

Okay, this time I mean it. Im digging out the Autoweek story. Carroll tried this in 1992.

I think the company is desperate as well. They must have found this old Autoweek, when they were cleaning out his desk?

That would be the May 25, 1992 copy if that helps.

Bill S.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
Items in black are the personal opinion of this users account
Items highlighted in Red are Moderator duty related and do not reflect the personal opinion of this users account.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »

Look at page 17, they "found" these chassis in storage.

Hysterical

gt350hr

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 12:30:28 PM »

Where is the story about McClusky building all of those chassis for CS?? The uproar after this article had CS coming clean about doing it. Now that he's gone seems someone has developed amnesia. Hysterical   They are not "period AC cars built" chassis. That is why Angliss sued CS to the best of my recollection. Anyone remember it differently?Huh?

owner 6S477 HERTZ White w/Blue stripes-1of18-since 1974. OVER 3,500 drag strip runs made in it since then. My candidate for the "worlds Most drag raced Shelby" More added all the time.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:19 PM »

See also...

http://saacforum.com/index.php?topic=981.0

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!