The Official SAAC Forum
May 23, 2017, 11:53:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for previous owners 1967 shelbys in Northern California  (Read 3933 times)
GT350CS

« on: January 13, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »

I am a long time member of SAAC located in the Central Valley of California.

I have been attempting to locate previous owners of two different 1967 Shelby Mustangs.  Perhaps some of your longtime members may remember these cars which were sold to the original owners in Northern California and remained in that area until the late 70s to mid 80s.

The first car was sold at Holiday Ford in Sunnyvale to a James Braswell of Santa Clara.  This car was later owned by a John Habr in the San Jose area.  I have been in contact with John Habr, but have not located Mr. Braswell or any other owners.

The car is a 1967 GT500, Nightmist Blue, 4sp, smog car, with black interior and center lights and came originally with 10 spoke wheels.

I am not sure how long this car was in Santa Clara; nor the ownership between Mr. Braswell and Mr. Habr, as well as the owners after Mr. Habr.  I believe that the person I bought the car from might have purchased it from Mr. Habr.  I have lost contact with the person that I bought this car from.  I have owned the car since the early to mid 1980s.

The second car was sold at S&C Motors in San Francisco to a Richard Sullivan of Santa Clara.  This car was later owned by a James Hayes in the Central Valley area.  I purchase the car from James Hayes, but have not located Mr. Sullivan.

The car is a GT350, Lime Gold, 4sp, smog car, with black interior and outboard lights and came originally with steel wheels with hubcaps.

I am not sure how long this car was in Santa Clara; nor the ownership between Mr. Sullivan and Mr. Hayes.  I have owned the car since the 1978.

When I purchased the car it was painted a Grabber Orange color with white center stripe similar to the Super Snake.

This car was modified for racing autocross as follows:  The original 289 HIPO was replaced with a 390 4V with Cobra valve covers and single four barrel Cobra air filter assembly.  There was a white cable running from the engine compartment to the trunk where a battery had once been installed.  The front air dam was modified with air ducts to the front brakes similar to 1965 R models.  There were two plaques glued to the door between the passenger compartment and trunk showing participation in autocross events in April and May of 1970 sponsored be the CAMINO CORVETTES and the Four Cylinder Club of America.  I assume that these occurred in Santa Clara.

I know this is a shot in the dark, but any help or leads will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis

GT350CS

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:07:26 PM »

As follow up to this request, I have found the name of the owner previous to Mr. Hayes and believe that the car may have painted after leaving Northern, California.

So as previously stated, I am looking for a 1967 GT350, Lime Gold, 4sp, smog car, with black interior and outboard lights which came originally with steel wheels with hubcaps.
Also as previously stated, The car was modified for racing autocross as follows:

The original 289 HIPO was replaced with a 390 4V with Cobra valve covers and single four barrel Cobra air filter assembly.  There was a white cable running from the engine compartment to the trunk where a battery had once been installed.

The front air dam was modified with air ducts to the front brakes similar to 1965 R models.

There were two plaques glued to the door between the passenger compartment and trunk showing participation in autocross events in April and May of 1970 sponsored by the CAMINO CORVETTES and the Four Cylinder Club of America.  I assume that these occurred in Santa Clara.

Are there any long time members that might remember seeing a car lake this in the late 1960s and/or early 1970s?

Any information would be much appreciated,

Dennis

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!