News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1967 K Code Fastback on Ebay.

Started by rbarkley, September 08, 2018, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

Does this price represent a fair market for a k code 67? 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

Shelby_r_b

$80K starting is extremely strong money for a 67 K Code Fastback, IMO.
Nothing beats a classic!

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 1175 on September 08, 2018, 04:33:44 PM
Try to find another one.

Jon

I think a few would come out of the woodwork at $80K.
Nothing beats a classic!

69gt500

Quote from: Shelby_0022 on September 08, 2018, 07:40:49 PM
Quote from: 1175 on September 08, 2018, 04:33:44 PM
Try to find another one.

Jon

I think a few would come out of the woodwork at $80K.

Would love to see how many of these are in the woodwork. They don't surface often.

Shawn

I own an unrestored 67 K GT Fastback one of the 489 total production of 67 hipo Mustangs.  These are very rare and unique cars and you just don't see them.  Last car I recall sold was a rusted out Springtime Yellow basket case on eBay sold for I think 32K.  Add in the cost of a total restoration 80K is a very fair price.

If anyone owns a 67K lets get a conversation going  :)

shelbydoug

I think 80 on a total resto is about break even depending on what it cost to get a core. It possibly could be underwater all things considered.

That doesn't mean it is worth what it costs to build though.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

67KGTA

I believe Forristal's recently sold a very nice maroon 67 K-code Fastback a few months back for something like $68K. It sold in just 3 days according to the now defunct Hipo Exchange Website. I really miss that site! I think $80K is a tad high for the one on eHay and maybe should start at $60K and see what sticks. I wish him well as I own a 67 GTA K-code Coupe restoration project so I'm on the other end of the scale....not a highly desirable fastback or convertible model but definitely rare. Does anyone know what happened to the Hipo Exchange site?

rbarkley

No, but it is unfortunate that it is no longer available.

I previously owned 3 65 k code fastbacks and one 66 coupe, but no 67's.   

I noticed that the 67 has power-steering which was not an option in the 65/66 hipo's.

Could you order power-steering from the factor with the 67 hipo?

Ron

mustang6473

MCA Concours Trailered Gold 67 K advertised for $195,000.  Multiple magazine car.

Hard to find 67 K FB so probably not to far from market value.

Mikelj5S230

For that kind of money, I'd rather have a '68 1/2 Cobra Jet.
Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: rbarkley on September 09, 2018, 03:35:09 PM
No, but it is unfortunate that it is no longer available.

I previously owned 3 65 k code fastbacks and one 66 coupe, but no 67's.   

I noticed that the 67 has power-steering which was not an option in the 65/66 hipo's.

Could you order power-steering from the factor with the 67 hipo?

Ron
67 GT350's (K code) of course all got power steering. I am not sure if the 67 K code Mustang used the same large power steering pulley as the 67 GT350 or not but wouldn't be surprised.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby