Author Topic: 1972 Ford Mustang Shelby de Mexico GT351 eBay  (Read 4670 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
1972 Ford Mustang Shelby de Mexico GT351 eBay
« on: January 24, 2018, 02:54:58 AM »
I was dying to share this on the last Forum, but the 'Dark Days' were upon us.  Now it's just been relisted, pretty cool.  Anyone in the Maryland area care to check it out and report?  Steve, Corey?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/142664776808?ul_noapp=true

VERY RARE 1972 ** UNRESTORED** ORIGINAL SHELBY MEXICAN GT 351 MUSTANG.

ORIGINAL WHITE ON WHITE SHELBY DE MEXICO !!

351 4 BBL - 4 SPEED FACTORY CAR - RUNS AND DRIVES NICE - MECHANICALLY SOUND.

I HAVE NUMEROUS PUBLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION ON THE CAR, IT STILL MAINTAINS ITS MEXICAN REGISTRATION AND LICENSE PLATES.

BELIEVED TO BE "I" OF ONLY "200" BUILT. GREAT COLLECTOR GRADE CAR THAT YOU MAY NEVER SEE AGAIN,

LOADED WITH GREAT OPTIONS FOR 72, POWER STEERING - POWER DISC BRAKES - RAM AIR HOOD - RALLY WHEELS - 4 SPEED TOPLOADER TRANS - HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION - DUAL EXHAUST . ( ORIGINAL CARTER CARB IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE )

*** MORE THAN 60 PICTURES AND WALK AROUND VIDEO BELOW ***

BODY IS VERY SOLID AND HAS OLDER PAINT, SOME PAINT APPEARS ORIGINAL TO THE CAR. VERY SOLID UNDERCARRIAGE . VERY NICE AND CLEAN INTERIOR.

NOTICE THE SPEED ODOMETER IS CALCULATED IN KILOMETERS.

REAR OUTER WHEEL HOUSINGS HAVE SOME RUST.

RARE, ORIGINAL CAR TO ADD TO A SHELBY COLLECTION !

WALK AROUND VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP7348DmXqk&feature=youtu.be

*** MORE THAN 60 PICTURES  BELOW ***

Please see my terms below - Thank you.

TERMS :
1. $500 DEPOSIT THROUGH PAYPAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE AUCTION ENDS - NON REFUNDABLE - NO PAYPAL FOR FINAL PAYMENT
2. FINAL PAYMENT IN 3 DAYS - MONEY WIRE - CASH IN PERSON - OR CERTIFIED FUNDS ONLY . ALL FUNDS TO BE CLEAR BEFORE VEHICLE LEAVES.
3. CAR IS LOCATED IN MARYLAND ZIP CODE 21640
4. INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS ARE WELCOMED
5. I CAN ASSIST IN SETTING UP SHIPPING AT YOUR EXPENSE IF NEEDED. I WILL ASSIST IN LOADING OR ANYWAY NEEDED TO MAKE THIS A SMOOTH PROCESS
6. I HAVE BEEN ON EBAY FOR 18 YEARS AND HAVE EXCELLENT FEEDBACK
7. THIS ITEM IS SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS. - THANK YOU.

Buy It Now: $24,900 or Best Offer
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Re: 1972 Ford Mustang Shelby de Mexico GT351 eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 06:37:28 AM »
It’s over on the Eastern Shore near the Delaware line, or as the old governor used to call it the “$hithouse” side of Maryland
Involved with the DC Autoshow for the next 10 days, but after that, maybe
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 08:56:45 AM »
That looks pretty interesting. Brian if that was something you are definitely interested in I would be willing to check it out for you. I certainly know nothing about Mexican Shelbys or even about that year of Mustang but I can check out overall condition and drivability. Let me know.

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 10:37:49 AM »
  Good to look at one.  I'm wondering about all the white "tar" sprayed all over the chassis.  And, also about how original the under the hood decor is.  Seems to be in nice shape.

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
What a freakin beast!
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 02:18:31 PM »
If someone is going to buy it make sure it was imported correctly. Take it from me just driving it across the border doesn't mean you can register it.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 03:46:11 PM »
Who would want to drive that.....
 ;D
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 03:52:50 PM »
muy bonito.......
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 05:06:07 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.....
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 07:24:55 PM »
That looks pretty interesting. Brian if that was something you are definitely interested in I would be willing to check it out for you. I certainly know nothing about Mexican Shelbys or even about that year of Mustang but I can check out overall condition and drivability. Let me know.

Thanks Corey, but I just put it up for the folks on here.  I have enough projects since buying the Yugo prototype from the 1977 NY Auto Show.  I'll bet you didn't know Chuck Cantwell was asked to road test that baby!  A full 11 horsepower!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:26:29 PM by BGlover67 »
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2018, 07:25:40 PM »
I like it, but how can you document it is a Shelby?

Survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 11:57:15 AM »
okay-so some quick research on this car tells me there were approx. 200 '72's built w the "GT351" designation and that it should also have Shelby emblems, Shelby aftermarket wheels and Shelby aluminum engine pieces (no specifics) along with rear window louvers and front and rear spoilers.  The Shelby Maverick had a hood mounted tach and a Boss 429 hood scoop.  I buy only unmolested survivor cars and I would not touch this thing w/o some detailed research/facts in hand and a lengthy on site inspection-preferably with someone in the know about these cars.  I would also request every shred of paperwork/documentation in advance for review and verification.  As we can see from the pics., there are certain parts missing already.  Just my $.02.  :) 

billmunny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
just FYI:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-De-Mexico/323730728619?hash=item4b5fdae6ab:g:xV0AAOSwJjNchVrm&frcectupt=true

VERY RARE 1972 ** UNRESTORED** ORIGINAL SHELBY MEXICAN GT 351 MUSTANG.
It's in rough shape in some places and could use a full restoration. I was going to restore but I'm 85 and getting too tired to do it. After doing multiple restorations of other 351s, etc I've just had enough.
ORIGINAL WHITE ON WHITE SHELBY DE MEXICO !!
It has a 302 4 BBL with a hot cam not a 351 Windsor - 4 SPEED FACTORY CAR - RUNS AND DRIVES NICE - MECHANICALLY SOUND.
The 351 has been replaced with the 302 mentioned above it was probably worn out running drugs.
I HAVE NUMEROUS PUBLICATIONS AND DOCUMENTATION ON THE CAR, IT STILL MAINTAINS ITS MEXICAN REGISTRATION AND LICENSE PLATES.
BELIEVED TO BE "I" OF ONLY "200" BUILT. GREAT COLLECTOR GRADE CAR THAT YOU MAY NEVER SEE AGAIN,
LOADED WITH GREAT OPTIONS FOR 72, POWER STEERING - POWER DISC BRAKES - RAM AIR HOOD - RALLY WHEELS - 4 SPEED TOPLOADER TRANS - HEAVY DUTY SUSPENSION - DUAL EXHAUST . ( ORIGINAL CARTER CARB IS INCLUDED IN THE SALE )

BODY IS VERY SOLID AND HAS OLDER PAINT, SOME PAINT APPEARS ORIGINAL TO THE CAR. VERY SOLID UNDERCARRIAGE . VERY NICE AND CLEAN INTERIOR.
NOTICE THE SPEED ODOMETER IS CALCULATED IN KILOMETERS.
REAR OUTER WHEEL HOUSINGS HAVE SOME RUST.
RARE, ORIGINAL CAR TO ADD TO A SHELBY COLLECTION!

68countrysedan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 03:25:54 PM »
Interesting.

Now that I've noticed, the coupe is better looking than the fastback IMHO.

You could easily duplicate this car, but it wouldn't be a Shelby. But you would have more fun driving it and cheaper than the real thing. . .if this is what it's claimed to be.

Mike_Senar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 08:03:08 PM »
That car is missing A LOT of the unique parts and the pictures do not show most of those needed views (to even consider exactly how much is missing!)  to verify.   Has a 302, should be a "Hecho in Mexico" 351-W.   Toploader, Dana 60 rear!  3.25:1ish gears.   The correct original engine is quite unique without Shelby aluminum parts added.   Cast iron and stamped steel all the way!   Only the 1969 SdM cars came with the Shelby intake and V. covers.   Even the 1970 models did not get those parts.   The original air cleaner is a '64ish 390 unit (full lid type with the oval flared spot welded snorkel)   Those door panels are correct!   The seat covers would need a closer look for me to be sure.  They are not the same as our covers!  It would be pretty difficult to turn a US model into a Mexican one today, unless one parted out a couple of them back in the day and saved all the parts until now!   Even the electrical wires are different!
  Not bashing, just stating what I know and have seen here in So. Cal.  (or Occupied Northern Mexico)
                                                                Mike