News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Invitation to Participate in Trump Charlotte Concours

Started by BGlover67, September 02, 2018, 08:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BGlover67

I was recently contacted by Dr. Mark Moskowitz, one of the judges/organizers of the Trump Charlotte Concours.   (http://trumpcharlotteconcours.com/ )  They are looking for owner's of Shelby automobiles who are interested in participating in this concours.  The event will feature a Shelby class which will be open to Shelby built Cobras and Mustangs as well as unique Shelby one-offs.  It will take place on Saturday, November 10 in Mooresville, NC (Race City, USA) directly north of Charlotte and on the banks of Lake Norman at the Trump National Golf Club.

The money generated will going to St. Judes Children's Hospitals, and the honored collector is Bob Jepson who will be bringing four cars for display.  Charlotte is a great place to visit with great dining, the NASCAR Hall of Fame, multiple art museums and race shops which are open to the public. 

Classes for the event include:  Pre-War Classics, Modern Super Cars, Muscle Cars, Post-War Open Cars, Race Cars, Shelby Classics, Vintage Italian Sports Cars, Movie Cars (display).

The entry form is found on the website (linked above). If you need help with the form, please contact Ashley Wyrick who is on site (awyrick@trumpnational.com or 704-799-7300 x234)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Bill

How do they feel about dusty Shelbys? Maybe I can get George to bring his "as is, where is" 67 GT500 out to the event  8)
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

CSX 4133

If one were to haul a car to this event, would there be anywhere to park a truck and trailer?

CharlesTurner

Quote from: CSX 4133 on September 02, 2018, 10:58:31 AM

If one were to haul a car to this event, would there be anywhere to park a truck and trailer?

This appears to be a concours d'elegance show.  There most certainly would be truck/trailer parking.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

CSX 4133

Submitted my participation form/pictures, we shall see.

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

hertzdonut

But Steve, you get to drive her all over the country instead of trailering.

I think you are way ahead!

Terry

CSX 4133

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on September 04, 2018, 04:45:55 PM
Wish mine was nice enough, but concours it is not  :-\

Enter it anyway, mine is a track car so it's far from Concours so I'll be the "race car" section if accepted.

Quote from: hertzdonut on September 04, 2018, 05:52:16 PM
But Steve, you get to drive her all over the country instead of trailering.

I think you are way ahead!

Terry
I did trailer it to Detroit, Michigan , you're roads in the Detroit area are the worst I've ever experienced . Feels like the Ho Cih Minh trail after a B52 flyover
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

BGlover67

Does anyone have any pics of last weekends event they would like to share?  I spoke with both Hunter and Woody, both of them told me it was fantastic.  The judges even gave Woody a special long term owners award.  For those not familiar, Woody purchased his car no. 145 new.  It is super rare, early 1967 GT350 because a) he is the original owner, b) it's a rare grey color, c) it's a red light car, and d) it's an original Paxton car.  It doesn't get much cooler than that.

In another thread on this forum, Bob G mentioned that he was aware of some original 1967 owners who swapped out their factory supplied hubcaps for 10 spokes and MagStars at the dealership.   He also is aware of owners who less frequently, did the reverse to save a buck or two.  Woody told me that's exactly what he did over 50 years ago.   :)

http://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=3514.msg32234;topicseen#msg32234

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover

Woody is a hoot. And his car is awesome
He always seems to have Fig Newtons with him, wonder why?