The Official SAAC Forum
December 12, 2017, 01:33:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shelby American Collection Photo Archive  (Read 1424 times)
SFM66H

The Sales Office at LAX in 1966

Email
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:56:29 PM »

Jim Cowles recently gave me a tip about a photo collection that I did not know about & asked that I share it here.
It's the Shelby American Collection Photo Archive that can be viewed on their website.
You must Register first (it's free) and then you can view it. It's quite extensive and many of them are rare photos never seen (at least by me - again).
It's called the SAC Archive and I believe Jim scanned all the photos into it.
I hope this link to register works when I post it here:

http://s247533021.onlinehome.us/SAC/FORUMS/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=1&do=view_album&album=1

I freaked out when I saw the first color photo that I have ever seen of Dan Gerber's 5R099 in the June Sprints at Road America, Elkhart Lake Wis.
I was dying to post it here but did not know if I should and haven't been able to contact Jim about that yet.
But he added that the photo is in there because Dan is involved with the Museum.

Jim also added this incredible tantalizing tidbit in his email to me: "I asked him about the accident that got the car totalled. He said he got out of the car as it was burning and he tried to run away but both his legs were broken and he didnít get very far.  The way he tells it is better."

Jim, we HAVE to hear this story! Let's make it happen here on the Forum.

Will keep you posted . . . 

1966 GT 350H owner since June 30, 1976
SAAC Member

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 03:02:59 PM »

Image #31.

Yellow Cobra towed by a matching yellow 56' F100      PeelOut

richstang

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »

Sounds like another new place to hunt for images!

Thanks for posting the link / info on the photo library.

Party on

Brent W

Army Veteran

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 05:40:10 AM »

Is the Mustang from photos 210-214 the basis for the GT350 in photo 215, which I believe is 5R002?

66 GT350 Clone in Sapphire Blue. Built from the ground-up over 12 years and finally being enjoyed on the road!
acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:57 AM »

SAAC members - keep in mind that even though these images are free.  The Museum is a not for profit  and they exist from donations and sales.  They have some great posters for sale as well as a great 2014 GT500 Ragtop they are raffling off   https://shelbymustangraffle.com/     This is the only Museum in the world like this and we all need to help keeping it viable.

madeulook

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 10:45:05 AM »

Would there be anyone who'd consider driving to Boulder for the fundraiser party - I'm ordering new tires Friday. Get her aligned and then just torque the crap out of everything and reload on earplugs.  Cool one

John Guinta
1965 GT350 Competition Tribute
5R-madeulook
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!