The Official SAAC Forum
December 14, 2017, 08:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pics of a Shelby Meet in 1982 from a New Guy  (Read 7476 times)
06 GT

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »

Is the Coupe the first one built? The leading edge of the roof looks very flat. Looks like a Webered Boss 302 in the misidentified R Model.

bpoe

6S1890

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2014, 07:27:24 PM »

I was there in 1982 in my black & gold Hertz car. Not sure if that is mine at the end of a row in one of your parking lot pics.  The green '66 convertible was there too.

Any chance you can scan this one at a higher resolution and see if the far end of that row is a hertz car with a black rear bumper?

* image.jpg (6.67 KB, 764x512 - viewed 239 times.)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:39:06 PM by bpoe » Logged
Kiwi
Checkered Flag

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2014, 07:38:49 PM »

Awesome pics. Back then the cars were cool, but not a full-on high-dollar collectable like they are now.

I dig how the owners take the cars out in the rain, there is mud on the fenders, and they are just strolling around without a care. Today, such cars are stored in a climate controlled container and only driven on Sundays.

Bob Gaines

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 08:11:52 PM »

Awesome pics. Back then the cars were cool, but not a full-on high-dollar collectable like they are now.

I dig how the owners take the cars out in the rain, there is mud on the fenders, and they are just strolling around without a care. Today, such cars are stored in a climate controlled container and only driven on Sundays.
Possibly because the 10 -15,000.00 typical GT350 or 500 in 1982 is 100 -150,000.00 in 2014  Wink .

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Collector, Shelby Concours Judge
johndoe

Email
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 09:58:47 PM »

A 66 Shelby Paxton car with A/C ?

Noticed the shaft length on the Paxton was the early long version, and it is black?
Later Paxton's seemed to have short shafts, and were blue?
John

This is a photo of the engine compartment of 6S2375, the green '66 GT350 convertible that I purchased from Clifford Hornback.  He added the Paxton to the car when he restored it.  It came with the factory a/c, as did all 4 of the '66 converts.

SFM66H

The Sales Office at LAX in 1966

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2014, 01:10:30 AM »

The George Watters thread is hypnotic.  

Maxjets - This comment of yours really cracked me up! George has repeatedly said how much he has enjoyed sharing his photos with everyone here on the Forum.
              You post good photos too - Thanks for doing so!
              Kieth

1966 GT 350H owner since June 30, 1976
cobrajeff
SAAC Registrar

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2014, 05:15:57 AM »

Maxjets -

Nice pictures - thanks for sharing.

The BOSS powered GT350 with Webers is not actually an R-Model - it's a well prepared street
car with a lot of "R" options (like my GT350 was back in the day).

Dave Fershstand's 5S247 - and he knew how to make it sing on the track, too   Wink

Jim - kinda looks like me, but it's not - I missed this event  Grin

Love to see these old photos - brings back a LOT of fond memories.

Jeff

Maxjets
SAAC Member

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2014, 05:58:28 AM »

I was there in 1982 in my black & gold Hertz car. Not sure if that is mine at the end of a row in one of your parking lot pics.  The green '66 convertible was there too.

Any chance you can scan this one at a higher resolution and see if the far end of that row is a hertz car with a black rear bumper?

bpoe,

Did you go to A&M or did you just drop in for the show?

This is a bigger scan of the same photo. It was a small photo so not much more is available. When looking at the photo under good light with a magnifying glass there isn't much difference than what you see here.

SFM6S135
rhjanes

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 06:07:50 AM »

I was there in my 1969 Lime Gold Coupe.  You didn't take a picture of it?  Hysterical  (we still own it)
I drove down with Tommy Moore (1968 GT500, red, saddle interior), his son Larry (66 red coupe), Dan Bain (blue 1970 Mach), about 5 other members of the newly formed North Texas Mustang Club (NTMC).  I have many similar photos that you have.  the GT40 and the Daytona were then owned by Rick Nagle.  J Bittle and Dave Fernstein had a blast out on the track, trying to out-run each other.  It started raining and I believe J followed track instructions to exit the oval......I think he and Dave had been turning 120 MPH laps......in the rain.  Dave stayed out another lap and came in grinning.  
Dave gave me a ride around Hallet one year in his GT350.   PeelOut

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 07:10:20 AM by rhjanes » Logged

Pirating Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
"For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away"  Bryan Adams....
BLOG
427 Cobra

SAAC Member since 1979

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2014, 06:51:25 AM »

+1  Agree.

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2014, 06:57:14 AM »

Maxjets -

Nice pictures - thanks for sharing.

The BOSS powered GT350 with Webers is not actually an R-Model - it's a well prepared street
car with a lot of "R" options (like my GT350 was back in the day).

Dave Fershstand's 5S247 - and he knew how to make it sing on the track, too   Wink

Jim - kinda looks like me, but it's not - I missed this event  Grin

I was speculating.  It does look like you though!

Love to see these old photos - brings back a LOT of fond memories.

Jeff

SAAC Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »

True as can be....Bought my 67gt500 that year....modified and still far from a show car....but beautiful paint on a straight rust free so cal body so for6000 not too bad....it was my daily driver and I hammered the hell out of it.....good times.....now I sweat every time I park it somewhere....kinda sad.....a part of me kind of wishes they hadn't appreciated so much....however I still have the memories and it is stillSUPER FUN to drive!!!!!!just not as often....Generally though every time I take it out someone gets an S.A. History lesson.....That is always cool!!!!!My 2 cents....Trent

grape

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 09:31:57 PM »

My mother has photos from this same event.  I hardly remember much other than Nagel's stuff he brought including the yellow gt40.  I was 5 years old at this event, and i still remember the tunnel getting flooded due to the rain.  David Firsthand lives about 25 minutes from me and i just spoke to Dan Bain on the phone for the first time in 15 years.  My father has since left me his 66, 6s623 and it was at the event as well, and now 33 years later, it is still in the same family.

Maxjets
SAAC Member

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 10:55:22 PM »

Grape,

Thanks for the info. Any chance you can scan the pics and post on here? Would love to see them.

SFM6S135
bpoe

6S1890

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 04:55:53 PM »

I would love to see more pictures from this event as well. I was there with 6s1890.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!