Author Topic: Another Upper Scoop Light Question  (Read 1667 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Another Upper Scoop Light Question
« on: August 17, 2018, 08:46:35 AM »
 Is there any documentation of an instance where a car that was thought to have left Shelby American with red lights in their upper scoops only to have them removed at the dealer because the car was delivered to a California distributor?  Does anyone think that is even possible or did the dealer just not care enough to spend the time and money to delete them?  It obviously would necessitate having to bondo over the holes and paint them. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another Upper Scoop Light Question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
I thought there was an instance (was on the old forum) that someone had bought a car with the lights and had been stopped by the police and read the riot act for having the upper scoop lights. They took the car back to the dealer and they did something to remove/cover the light units. 

Maybe someone else heard or remembers that too or maybe I'm ready for the "ice floe trip"?
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

bhoulis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »
Seems the easiest fix might have been to just disconnect the wiring to it. Then it's just a red piece of plastic on the side of the car. Brian

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 11:44:21 AM »
I thought there was an instance (was on the old forum) that someone had bought a car with the lights and had been stopped by the police and read the riot act for having the upper scoop lights. They took the car back to the dealer and they did something to remove/cover the light units. 

Maybe someone else heard or remembers that too or maybe I'm ready for the "ice floe trip"?

JD, I seem to recall that story too...so your not near the ice trip. Perhaps it's in the registry.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar