Author Topic: Throttle Return Spring and Bracket Photo?  (Read 2990 times)

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Throttle Return Spring and Bracket Photo?
« on: August 13, 2018, 06:24:15 PM »
I need a little help with the throttle return spring and bracket. GT-350H with autolite 4100. Anyone have a photo of the setup? I'm not sure my return spring bracket is positioned correctly on the intake. Thanks in advance. Denny

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle Return Spring and Bracket Photo?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 07:53:19 PM »
I need a little help with the throttle return spring and bracket. GT-350H with autolite 4100. Anyone have a photo of the setup? I'm not sure my return spring bracket is positioned correctly on the intake. Thanks in advance. Denny
The return spring bracket would not be positioned on the intake. It is positioned on the carb stud. Not close to my picture files but good picture is in the Mannel book.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 08:32:41 PM »
Thanks Bob, I found a photo in Mannel's book Chapter 6 Section C page 6-19. It looks like the bracket is installed on the back carburetor stud and facing backward, what's with the tab? It doesn't provide support to the bracket? Spring goes from there to the elbow on the linkage. Correct? Thanks, Denny   

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »
Thanks Bob, I found a photo in Mannel's book Chapter 6 Section C page 6-19. It looks like the bracket is installed on the back carburetor stud and facing backward, what's with the tab? It doesn't provide support to the bracket? Spring goes from there to the elbow on the linkage. Correct? Thanks, Denny
The tab is a stop to keep from extreme rotation . Yes on location of return spring as in picture.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 12:12:34 AM »
Just like the Mustangs and the Holleys

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

6S1568

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 07:09:21 AM »
Hi Jeff, Thanks for taking the time to upload the photos, I really appreciate it! Denny