News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1970 Shelby rotors

Started by Duhner, May 08, 2024, 11:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duhner

Hello! I'm looking for a set of 1970 Shelby rotors. The ones with the big bearings. I've been looking and it dose not seem like they make them any more. Any help! Thanks

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Duhner on May 08, 2024, 11:26:09 PMHello! I'm looking for a set of 1970 Shelby rotors. The ones with the big bearings. I've been looking and it dose not seem like they make them any more. Any help! Thanks
They have been obsolete for about 2 or 3 years now. I talked to Scott at NPD and NPD and Branda how shared the last batch are not going to have another run made up given how many they have to buy and how long it took them to sell the last run. I have a spare set. PM sent.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Duhner on May 08, 2024, 11:26:09 PMHello! I'm looking for a set of 1970 Shelby rotors. The ones with the big bearings. I've been looking and it dose not seem like they make them any more. Any help! Thanks
I hope you can connect with Bob. Talking to Ed many years ago on how the reproduction rotors came about I bought a set I have put away for my car. Now a little history here: When I bought my 70 Gt500 the seller said he had a rotor "made" up. He had a new disc put on the hub. I wondered WTH? You can buy brand new rotors. It wasn't until a year later and now owning 2 B2 suspension 70 Shelbys I found out the differences from Jim Cowles in 1986. So do you have your original set? If you do you can get some discs pressed on I would think. If not then I'd grab Bob's set real fast.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)