News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

LH cold air vent bracket

Started by deathsled, April 30, 2024, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I just bought an oem left hand cold air vent for the car. Looks to be in great shape. None was installed during assembly. I cannot seem to find the screw type to bolt the vent bracket to the underside of the dash. They sell the three nuts to attach it to the cowl but nothing for the bracket. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

CharlesTurner

Talking about the pull knob bracket?  If so, it gets mounted using the same hardware as the parking brake assembly.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

deathsled

Yes, the pull knob. And thank you for that info.

J_Speegle

For others the question is being asked about a 1966 so that others won't get confused  ;)

Just posted this picture for another question elsewhere this evening so it was handy  :)

Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

deathsled

JD

See attached, Jeff's image with some added info, the "C" knob is the CHOKE, the air Vent in his image is like the one you linked with the longer two-hole attachment tab  ;-)
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

deathsled

Quote from: JD on April 30, 2024, 09:37:22 AMSee attached, Jeff's image with some added info, the "C" knob is the CHOKE, the air Vent in his image is like the one you linked with the longer two-hole attachment tab  ;-)

Makes total sense. I was thinking the vent knob would have been on the left to be closer to the vent. I was vaguely aware that there is a manual choke knob which I figured would be marked "C" but didn't think that knob would be so close to the actual vent. So I was getting creative thinking maybe the "C" was for cold air. Like the engineer that designed the cybertruck, sometimes I don't live in reality. But I must admit that hunting down correct parts for the car is a lot if fun!