The Official SAAC Forum
December 17, 2017, 08:33:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Shelby Museum?  (Read 12716 times)
Kiwi
Checkered Flag

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 09:45:12 PM »

So would this signature be considered a clone, a tribute, a continuation, or what?

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 10:31:16 AM by Kiwi » Logged
SFM5S000

California Native

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 09:59:40 PM »

So would this signature be considered a clone, a tribute, a continuation, or what?

It be blewup-uated as they say in east LA or Compton

2015 VP NorCal Region SAAC
2013/14 Member at Large Norcal Region SAAC
2012 VP NorCal Region SAAC
06 GT

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 05:33:16 PM »

That's quite the fund raiser for the museum. They're selling a rayon shirt for $150. and only $50 of it goes to the museum.  Roll Eyes
Same business model as the Childrens Fund

6S2055

Email
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 07:19:41 PM »

Interesting post! Just happen to be staying about a half mile from SA while visiting my grandson. May stop by and see if they would like to sell bumper stickers to raise money!!?

Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »

I was there in Gardena a week ago at the Shelby Store and was talking with Jenni. Lots of planning going on for the annual Shelby Bash (LA to LV run).  Nothing to report on the efforts for the Carroll Shelby Museum.  The complex has lots of space now that the Goodyear Tire operations have moved to Las Vegas near the former Shelby American shop location by the speedway.  All that is in the Gardena is the Foundation store and offices and Shelby Licensing offices and stored items. Cool

6S2055

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2015, 05:55:50 PM »

I had some free time on Saturday and stopped by SA. CSX2000 is there and work was being done hanging pictures for "The Museum". Thought the area was alittle small, but guess it is a work in progress. The glass windows looking out to works in process was impressive. Had a few questions to ask but after 10 min of tring to find someone other than the cashier I gave up. The merchandise/ souvenir section would rival most race tracks. Not a little pricy,very pricy! Must be from the shipping from China! Can now say...been there done that.Boulder,Miller Motor Sports & Drews setup...that's how it's done IMO.

acman63
SAAC Concours Chairman

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 07:00:22 PM »

I had some free time on Saturday and stopped by SA. CSX2000 is there and work was being done hanging pictures for "The Museum". Thought the area was alittle small, but guess it is a work in progress. The glass windows looking out to works in process was impressive. Had a few questions to ask but after 10 min of tring to find someone other than the cashier I gave up. The merchandise/ souvenir section would rival most race tracks. Not a little pricy,very pricy! Must be from the shipping from China! Can now say...been there done that.Boulder,Miller Motor Sports & Drews setup...that's how it's done IMO.

+ that on Boulder  www.shelbyamericancollection.org

BryanW

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 07:05:32 PM »

+1 Boulder and its crew had the vision and brought it to life, Great job done by all Volunteers.    PeelOut

Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »

I think the CS Museum project challenge is how to present the full history and life of CS, not just his SA cars.   I expet it will be a long and continuous work in progress.

The Annual Shelby Bash starts there in a few days and then runs to the LV Shelby shop location. 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!