News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

American Safety Seat Belt

Started by 5s127, March 15, 2024, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5s127

American Safety Seat Belt. $125.00.

This is all I have. Not much remaining of the tag. These are not chromed.

5s127

98SVT - was 06GT

As a historical note Ray Brown sold his seat belt company in 1966. It became American Safety. He stayed on a couple years and then went to Superior - the wheel company.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on March 15, 2024, 03:16:43 PM
As a historical note Ray Brown sold his seat belt company in 1966. It became American Safety. He stayed on a couple years and then went to Superior - the wheel company.
+1. Unlike urban legend Ray Brown marked belts were not used throughout 66 production. At the very least the American Safety /IMPACT belts were used in a large portion of 66 production. IMO. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

A-Snake

For clarity, are there a pair of belts for sale or just one set?

5s127

Only the two belts shows in the picture. Not a set. Also, missing the sections that connect to the floor.

SFM5S000

Hello All,

Not trying to hijack this thread. I have a pair of these American Safety lap belts with the complete labels and end clips but no mounting eyelets. (*edited for requests on prior note). The pic of the OP's tag (damaged) is identical to the pair I have (see attached) interestingly enough it reads IMPACT on the other side.

Cheers,
~Earl J

Rocket

Hi sfm5s000  How much are you asking for one belt. If you don't to sell one, how much for the pair?   Thanks,Ron
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.