Author Topic: Who Numbered the Shelby's?  (Read 460 times)

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
Who Numbered the Shelby's?
« on: February 13, 2024, 06:53:46 AM »
When it came to getting the Tags Stamped and Riveting them under the Hood over the Ford VIN. Number, how was that Decided which Car got which Number?  Could Car Number 5 have a Higher Ford Vin. Number than Car Number 12? I have Photos of SAI receiving Several Loads of Mustangs at the same time, did SAI use the Ford VIN Number to assign them SAI Numbers or was it fist one in is first one Numbered?

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: Who Numbered the Shelby's?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 09:59:19 AM »
You may want to read this website.  Some of your questions are answered. - http://1965gt350mustang.com/numbers.html

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 10:20:02 AM »
Is your question about a specific year?

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 12:42:40 PM »
Is your question about a specific year?

No, just 1965 - 1970's.  Some times, some weird thought will pop into my head and it wont leave.  This thought Intrigued me enough to ask.

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2024, 01:01:09 PM »
You may want to read this website.  Some of your questions are answered. - http://1965gt350mustang.com/numbers.html

Great Read but, did not really answer my question.  Here is an example of what I would like to know:  Grab 6 Random 1966 Shelby's and park them in Numeral Order according to the SAI VIN Plate. Pull the SAI VIN Plates off to expose the Factory VIN.  Will the first Shelby have a high Ford VIN then the others? Will the 3rd Shelby have a higher Ford Vin then the 6th one?  Did SAI use the Ford VIN to number the Shelby's?

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 01:04:57 PM »
100% Random - you will not be able to predict what a missing Shelby Ford VIN is by those around it. I've seen the ledger.
65-67 - hey kid go grab a car so we can build it = gets closest car - there was no first in first out inventory plan adhered to.
66-67 you also have the color factor - they needed a kid who wasn't color blind = hey kid go get a red car.......
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 05:58:33 PM by 98SVT - was 06GT »
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

tesgt350

• View Profile
    • BLACK HAT PERFORMANCE
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 03:17:48 PM »
100% Random - you will not be able to predict what a missing Shelby Ford VIN is by those around it. I've seen the ledger.
65-67 - hey kid go grab a car so we can build it = gets closest car - there was no first in first out inventory plan adhered to.
66 you also have the color factor - they needed a kid who wasn't color blind = hey kid go get a red car.......

Thank you.  That answers it for me.