News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

66 rear brake spring question

Started by davez, February 11, 2024, 07:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davez

My original rear brakes had the green / rusty spring which has 2 diameters.  Wider at the base.  All the replacement kits i have and have seen have this blue spring which is the same diameter throughout. Does someone know which is correct and does it matter? My k code also had the 2 diameter spring.
Dz

CharlesTurner

The double coil diameter green one is correct for 10" brakes.  Ford p/n C2OZ-2035-C.

The blue single coil diameter looks like a 6 cyl one (for 9" brakes)

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

davez

texas swede

Hi guys,
I have attached a page showing the rear brake parts for 65/66 GT350's. It was published in "The Marque" in the end of the seventies or beginning of the eighties. Don't know if I am correct on the name but I believe it was Roger Hodyka.
Texas Swede

davez

Thank You
Looking through the NPD and VCM catalogues they have listings for the 66 350 but the photos online and what I received were the single diameter spring. I'll reuse my old springs.

greekz

Quote from: davez on February 12, 2024, 10:44:42 AM
Thank You
Looking through the NPD and VCM catalogues they have listings for the 66 350 but the photos online and what I received were the single diameter spring. I'll reuse my old springs.

Dave, that is what I have done as well.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

papa scoops

as usual, i bought several kits from original supplier and found that only one spring was not availible, think it was the black one that is heat treated. got a match, but wrong color, stripped paint, color matched dip painted as original. lso color matched and painted the others. btw, still have original segment shoes and the adjuster plugs in backer plate

6R07mi

Quote from: texas swede on February 12, 2024, 10:01:26 AMHi guys,
I have attached a page showing the rear brake parts for 65/66 GT350's. It was published in "The Marque" in the end of the seventies or beginning of the eighties. Don't know if I am correct on the name but I believe it was Roger Hodyka.
Texas Swede
TX Swede,
 I will claim authorship for that article in the Marque!
I was working at a Ford dealer in Farmington MI at the time and found a customer we had was a K/H engineer.
So I questioned him on the unique Shelby brake hardware, he is the one who told me the springs were functionally the same as the RPO Ford hardware, the difference was the springs were made to tolerate higher temps without loss of performance. "hi temp springs"

regards,

jim p 
Former owner 6S283, 70 "Boss351", 66 GT 6F07, 67 FB GT
current: 66 GT former day 2 track car 6R07
20+ yrs Ford Parts Mgr, now Meritor Defense

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6R07mi on April 17, 2024, 12:57:39 PM
Quote from: texas swede on February 12, 2024, 10:01:26 AMHi guys,
Texas Swede
TX Swede,
 I will claim authorship for that article in the Marque!
I was working at a Ford dealer in Farmington MI at the time and found a customer we had was a K/H engineer.
So I questioned him on the unique Shelby brake hardware, he is the one who told me the springs were functionally the same as the RPO Ford hardware, the difference was the springs were made to tolerate higher temps without loss of performance. "hi temp springs"

regards,

jim p 
Jim,do you remember what issue of the Marque your article was in?
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

texas swede

Hi Bob,
I was mistaken. The article was in The Shelby American, Sept-Oct 1979, Volume 4 Nuber 5, Page 9.
It was sent to Jeff Burgy by Roger Hodyka 
Texas Swede

Bob Gaines

Quote from: texas swede on April 17, 2024, 11:32:19 PMHi Bob,
I was mistaken. The article was in The Shelby American, Sept-Oct 1979, Volume 4 Nuber 5, Page 9.
It was sent to Jeff Burgy by Roger Hodyka 
Texas Swede
Thank you very much kind sir.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby