News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

What is

Started by 67 GT350, February 11, 2024, 07:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 GT350

RARE  Signature Delete

Vehicle discount for Ford suppliers. 

TOBKOB

If you are a member of MCA you can use the X Plan. I used it on my wife's '22 Lincoln and my '24 Super Duty. It was around 10% discount (well worth the $50.00 per year dues)...  ;)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

98SVT - was 06GT

SAAC membership gets you the same deal. It's not offered on all cars. The dealers don't have to sell you a car from their inventory (they can make you order one). It's not a set % the dealer gets X dollars for handling the transaction. You also get any rebates that are offered. I've used it on the last 6-8 cars - the dealer invoice shows the X plan price. Make sure he shows it to you and check online for any rebates available. When we got our F150 I was going to pay cash and the sales manager came back with the paperwork and said just give me $10,000 today and pay it off with the first payment. I got you an extra $1,000 off for using Ford financing.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

shelbymann1970

Quote from: TOBKOB on February 11, 2024, 08:12:18 PM
If you are a member of MCA you can use the X Plan. I used it on my wife's '22 Lincoln and my '24 Super Duty. It was around 10% discount (well worth the $50.00 per year dues)...  ;)

TOB
I can get the Ford Employee "A" plan since 1982 and still haven't bought a new Ford...
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

67 GT350

what is A plan?

Believe me, it really is not easy to choose a Ford....They make it hard to get what you want....every car company...and the crazy money? You should be able to choose. example, 3rd row seats? please!!!
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbymann1970

Quote from: 67 GT350 on February 12, 2024, 12:05:03 PM
what is A plan?

Believe me, it really is not easy to choose a Ford....They make it hard to get what you want....every car company...and the crazy money? You should be able to choose. example, 3rd row seats? please!!!
That is the employee discount. Maybe they don't call it that right now but they did. "A" plan employee. X plan second tier. My deceased Father-in-law retired from Ford and as long as my mother-in-law is alive we get the employee price. I work for GM so I buy with my employee price which isn't that great anymore. Our first car new we bought a Camaro(hated the Fox bodies) in 1982 and could have gotten the Ford Employee price and hadn't worked at GM yet. I would have no issue buying a Ford if they were better than GM or a product they made GM didn't make(we have a LOT MORE choices than Ford except hybrids). Since my CEO decided to go EV and skip the hybrids we were thinking of maybe buying a Ford hybrid. Our CEO is now rethinking our strategy and are delving into hybrids now(kinda late to the game). I priced Jeep hybrids and Ford hybrids and got sticker shock. I'll stick to my ICE vehicles now.
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

tesgt350

TOB

How did you make the Deal?  Did you have to tell them up front that you're using the X Plan and all negotiations ended?

Bill

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 12, 2024, 03:16:23 PM

TOB

How did you make the Deal?  Did you have to tell them up front that you're using the X Plan and all negotiations ended?
If you are a member of the MCA, you can log in to the national club site and search for X Plan, you can then log in to Fords X-Plan site and use the appropriate code to get your X plan pricing by hypothetically building something specific, or search dealer current inventory.
You then need a "X" Plan pin
You then call the dealer to set up an appointment, also to ask if they will accept an "X" plan sale and/or order. As stated above, dealers do not have to participate, some do, others do not. My closest dealer did not, had to drive 14 miles in the opposite direction of my home to the next closest dealership, who was happy to have my business when I ordered my 2022 (November 2021 order, May 2022 delivery).

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on February 12, 2024, 09:59:05 AM
I can get the Ford Employee "A" plan since 1982 and still haven't bought a new Ford...[/quote]
They also had a plan for the execs. I remember stopping by my uncles on our way to the NY Worlds Fair. He had a new Mustang - it cost him $989 - Fords cost to build it plus 10%. He had a company car that they swapped when it got so many miles on it and he could buy a new car on the exec plan every 2 years. When he retired as a VP he got a new car (Lincoln) with insurance and maint for $135 a month. When it hit 20,000 miles he'd called and they swapped it for a new one. In the early 70s my mom was able to use A plan - that may have been when he made VP. I remember my parents bought their '72 F250 with it and had to get some paperwork from Ford to take to the dealer. I don't know if they still have different programs for the salaried/exec levels today.

Here is the current breakdown. https://www.carsdirect.com/deals-articles/decoding-ford-a-plan-z-plan-x-plan-d-plan-pricing

Ineligible Products (Effective January 10, 2024)
• Bronco 2DR/4DR First Edition E5E/E5F are ineligible for AZD-Plan
• Bronco 2DR/4DR Raptor E5J are ineligible for AXZD-Plan
• Bronco 2DR/4DR Heritage Limited Edition are ineligible for AXZDPlan
• Bronco Sport Heritage Limited Edition are ineligible for AXZD-Plan
• 2023 Mach-E is ineligible for X-Plan & X-Plan Partner through June 4,
2023. Effective June 5, 2023, it becomes eligible.
• Mustang Dark Horse
• Mustang Shelby GT500
• Mustang Mach1

• Ford GT
• F-150 Raptor
• F-150 Lightning is ineligible for X-Plan & X-Plan Partner for 2023-
Model and prior.
• F-450 & F-550 Chassis Cabs
• E-Series: E-450 Cutaway & E-450 Stripped Chassis
• F-Series Stripped Chassis: F-53 Class A Motorhome Chassis & F59
Commercial Stripped Chassis
• F-650 & F-750 Chassis Cabs
• E-Transit is ineligible for X-Plan & X-Plan Partner
• Ranger Raptor
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Don Johnston

When I used MCA membership X Plan, all the Ford dealers in the area accpeted iin through their fleet sales manager.  The price was noted as 10 percent over dealer Ford invoice price not MSRP. (retail).  No dealer markup and not available on limited production high performance models like Shelbys, Lightnings and such. 8)

FL SAAC

X plan is an excellent opportunity to save
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

shelbymann1970

At GM we used to had a PEP program where you tag cars in the company pool. A friend of mine at GM(Retired now) had an engineer order a 92 LT-1 Vette. The guy drove it for 3 months(new car every 3 months) and kept the mileage down to just over 3K miles(PEP 1 price 0-2999 mile, PEP 2 price 3K to 7499 miles and PEP 3 over that). The key was my friend had to know when the car hit the books to tag it and he did. He still owns the car. PEP program was great at GM especially if you leased a PEP car. My coworker where I work now PEPed a 2019 triple black ZR-1 Vette vert manual in  April  of 2019 with a release date of Oct 2019. His estimated PEP price on this car was 118K. During the 2019 strike GM eliminated the PEP program and broke all links. Nobody could find out the status of their cars. MY friend ran the VIN and found it at a Texas Chevy dealership for 135K. Back then that was a deal since those cars shot up the next year to over 200K. My friend is still pissed on that. He wasn't going to sell it but add it along side his PEP special ed 2004 Corvette pace car that was released into the program.
  Being in the Detroit area has it's advantages. Just about anyone can get the Ford X plan(like I said I can get the "A" plan). When my son needed a mini van the only option for him was a Chrysler van. My next door neighbor who is a Chrysler engineer got him the "director's discount" on the Van. The dealership salesman said to my son they had never seen a director's discount before. He got a great price. Leased it and then bought it. My dad could always get the supplier discounts on the big 3 being salary at a tier 2 supplier for those companies. He bought Fords for decades until his 79 Mustang then his 81 Fairmont drove him to Buicks(I didn't work for GM yet).
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

tesgt350

Can you use the X-Plan with a Trade In?

FL SAAC

Quote from: tesgt350 on February 13, 2024, 03:27:55 PM
Can you use the X-Plan with a Trade In?

Why yes, you may choose to trade-in your previous vehicle, but the trade-in allowance will be negotiated separately with the dealer
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert