Author Topic: P/S Cooling  (Read 2953 times)

T-Bone68

• View Profile
P/S Cooling
« on: January 21, 2018, 11:55:15 PM »
Hi All.  My 67 GT350 does not have the cooling loop on the power steering.  I thought all 67 GT350s and GT500s came with this.  I looked up the part # in SAAC registry and bought the cooler (P/N C6AZ-3D746-A, this one stamped C5AA-3D746C).

1) Am I correct that all 67s had this power steering cooler?  Or is it possible this was an option mine did not have from Shelby?

2) Assuming I should have it, any suggestions where to track down the additional hoses needed to install the cooling loop?

Thanks,

John

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: P/S Cooling
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 12:04:03 AM »
Hi All.  My 67 GT350 does not have the cooling loop on the power steering.  I thought all 67 GT350s and GT500s came with this.  I looked up the part # in SAAC registry and bought the cooler (P/N C6AZ-3D746-A, this one stamped C5AA-3D746C).

1) Am I correct that all 67s had this power steering cooler?  Or is it possible this was an option mine did not have from Shelby?

2) Assuming I should have it, any suggestions where to track down the additional hoses needed to install the cooling loop?

Thanks,

John
John all regular production 67 Shelby's came with the powersteering cooler and lines. The correct cooler is marked C6AA. The C5AA has a different mounting bracket position. Finding correct looking hose to use in the cooling loop is a trick all you can typically find has a weave texture that shows through. The original was very smooth in appearance . Look around and if you can't find any click on my name and private message me . I can hook you up with some .   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

T-Bone68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 09:02:46 AM »
Thanks Bob!  I’ll track down a C6AA and see if I can find the right hoses

John

bhoulis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:32:22 PM »
Ii one decides to go shopping for the cooler hose, what are the correct I.D. and O.D. Thanks. Brian