Author Topic: Holley carbs  (Read 850 times)

Mike_Senar

• View Profile
Holley carbs
« on: January 29, 2024, 08:48:28 PM »
Hello,
  Anyone here happen to have a Holley List-3300 or 3301 carb(s)?   Looking for original not restored (if I had to choose).
                                                               Mike

68cobra427

• View Profile
Re: Holley carbs
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 02:21:56 PM »
Try Henry 1-503-970-7955  also Pam / Denny 1-503-284-8484  Portland Oregon.

Luck
Troy

Mike_Senar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 09:50:26 AM »
Troy,
  Thanks for the leed.   These guys only have the front carbs.   I would still need the BD (list 3301 carb...   Any other sources, anyone??
                                                                                        Mike

Mike_Senar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 01:09:16 PM »
Doug,
  Thanks, but I was looking to get some carbs without sponsoring the retirement of a seller on a single purchase...   :-)
                                                                     Mike

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 08:06:04 PM »
Doug,
  Thanks, but I was looking to get some carbs without sponsoring the retirement of a seller on a single purchase...   :-)
                                                                     Mike

That seems to be around the going rate right now. The pair for $5995 is already sold.  ;)

Honestly though, I have a pair and  about $4000 is what I would post them for. They are not for sale though. Just reflecting on the cost of pretty rare parts.

I will admit that I am priced out on some parts as well, so I do have a bit of empathy there. I may be too desensitized after needing about everything special for my '67 GT500.  :)

Try Tony Carey on LI but don't expect cheap. The people that have these things know what they are. That's who I got mine from but in my case I traded a complete Weber 48ida set up for the Holleys.

You can virtually recreate any of these Holley carbs but you are paying for the number stamped into them just like a Shelby Mustang v. a Ford Mustang. If you think otherwise that is just fantasy now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:13:20 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2024, 09:42:44 PM »
The $5999 ones are not sold. He lowered the price $2000.

Last set I sold restored was for $2750, they were kinda rough but 65 dated.

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 08:32:39 AM »
You may not agree with what some are asking currently for some parts but I think it would be very foolish to ignore or dismiss that as not the trend.

I look at it as how much would it cost me to buy back what I just sold in a year or so.
I would not presume that there would be a significant premium up cost.

It never ceases to amaze me that there are still those who think that only they are going to find a real 427 in a Chicken coupe for $2500, or maybe an oil well in the back yard like Jed Clampet. Now Jetro hangs out at the cement pond.

This may be a hobby to most of us but one of the attractions to it is that the investments accelerate unlike anything else on the planet.

That is just the reality. Everyone sets their own price. If you can find it cheaper...good for you. No hard feelings but just consider yourself lucky.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 10:15:03 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

68cobra427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2024, 12:33:59 PM »
Try Andy's mustang in Spokane , Wa  1-509-924-9824 

Some deals are still out there. I know of a few waiting to see what happens to the owners family when the current owners pass on.

68 Shelby 500 fb , 4sp, Orig owner unrestored parked in shed .
70 Boss 9 , 37K orig miles,  second owner , missing orig motor ,has 428 SCJ, but may have tracked Orig motor down.

Both parked over 15 yrs ago as runners , Straight body's just need paint. Never stop dreaming of that day when something comes up. Just have the funds ready to jump.

Troy