Author Topic: Ferrari movie review after viewing on Christmas Day  (Read 1561 times)

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ferrari movie review after viewing on Christmas Day
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2023, 09:57:06 AM »
Well, if you were to speak to the drivers who raced for him (the few that are still alive), you might find a different perspective.  I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say how he was portrayed but, according to many, he was a very complex individual who demanded 110% and refrained from befriending his drivers because so many were killed driving his cars.
(Read Robert Daley's "The Cruel Sport" or Michael Cannell's "The Limit...Life and Death on the 1961 Grand Prix Circuit".
5S071, 6S1467

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2023, 10:00:17 AM »
Well, if you were to speak to the drivers who raced for him (the few that are still alive), you might find a different perspective.  I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say how he was portrayed but, according to many, he was a very complex individual who demanded 110% and refrained from befriending his drivers because so many were killed driving his cars.
(Read Robert Daley's "The Cruel Sport" or Michael Cannell's "The Limit...Life and Death on the 1961 Grand Prix Circuit".

understood....he liked his driver's but loved his cars
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2023, 11:49:20 PM »
Here is another review independent of mine.  I fear that this movie is not going to make its money back.  That means more woke garbage from Hollywood which is a shame.  Maybe it will have a rebirth on the secondary market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWFwgaZjhpg
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

daltondavid

• SAAC Member
  • 2005 FORD GT #991
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2023, 05:36:24 PM »
Here's an interview that will be of interest:
https://youtu.be/MuH7G4N-dYU?si=EpKHpRaOVoafmsjA

Awesome Stan.

Just an FYI, no real Ferrari's were used in the movie, most of them were fiberglass bodies on Caterham 7 based chassis's  ;) Ford Duratec powered in most cases from what I understand  8)
according to the awesome interview linked above, there is at least one original $35,000,000 dollar Ferrari used in the film. I believe there is two. but they are not driving scenes. i have not scene the film yet but I do highly recommend the
"Making of video" it was the same guy they used in "Ford v Ferrari" now that guy has a great gig!!
Founding father of SAACFORUM.COM