The Official SAAC Forum
December 13, 2017, 06:17:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Login Register Search New Photo Gallery Calendar Contact Chat  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie to this forum  (Read 16565 times)
FL SAAC TONY

follow us on www.seflsaac.com

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2017, 10:13:58 AM »

This is the second time I have seen reference to the "unified registry". Let me say this the Shelby American Automobile Club Registry is the oldest and best source for vintage cars built by Shelby.

It appears to me that the current Shelby American (which is not related to SAAC) is trying to confuse the issue with this "unified" registry.

I seem to recall them trying to get their hands on the "real" Registry. So obviously, they understand its value.

Don't be fooled by this effort. If you want the real deal start with SAAC.

This is the second time I have seen reference to the "unified registry". Let me say this the Shelby American Automobile Club Registry is the oldest and best source for vintage cars built by Shelby. agreed

It appears to me that the current Shelby American (which is not related to SAAC) is trying to confuse the issue with this "unified" registry. agreed

I seem to recall them trying to get their hands on the "real" Registry. So obviously, they understand its value. agreed

Don't be fooled by this effort. If you want the real deal start with SAAC.   agreed

but tell me, dont you want to see a registry on ALL the new vehicles Huh? just imagine the size of that volume...

"Like" our FACEBOOK page at SEFLSAAC Region
427heaven

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

The meat and potatoes of this group is vintage SHELBY AMERICAN cars built between 1962- 1970. It is sprinkled with modern cars not of that original vintage because we own and like driving cars that have its original heritage built into them. Most that are into newer stuff will find other sites that are cut from the same cloth, their stuff just doesn't get the same coverage as the old original cars get. We welcome, all stick around and enjoy! Party on

FL SAAC TONY

follow us on www.seflsaac.com

Email
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 11:19:38 AM »

The meat and potatoes of this group is vintage SHELBY AMERICAN cars built between 1962- 1970. It is sprinkled with modern cars not of that original vintage because we own and like driving cars that have its original heritage built into them. Most that are into newer stuff will find other sites that are cut from the same cloth, their stuff just doesn't get the same coverage as the old original cars get. We welcome, all stick around and enjoy! Party on

very well expressed

"Like" our FACEBOOK page at SEFLSAAC Region
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »

I think there is room for everyone and if you want to have a registry, that's fine.

From the information I have seen, they don't have a clue about anything prior to 1971. As a matter of fact, I would say they have done more to screw people into the ground in this area....just my observation.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
8T03S1425

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 11:10:51 AM »

Hmmm, it may depend on what your meaning of is, is. (If only you knew how long Iíve been wanting to use that. Hahaha)

Doesnít it really depend on what will happen with SAAC & TS in the future?

I see that TS is currently collecting info on legacy Shelby American and Shelby Automotive cars. If there is significant cooperation from the owners of those cars, and TS offers what legacy Shelby owners want, then yes, they will eventually have a unified registry. If SAAC or TS have a plan to unify the brand through a merger or acquisition, and make the right offer, to the right people, at the right time, well then there just may be a sharing and unification of history.

Since SAAC is not collecting data on post 1970 Shelby cars, then yes, from the SAAC perspective there may be no unified registry.

Whoís to say that one organization or the other wonít wither on the vine, leaving the ongoing organization, or some new group to fill the void.

Just one Americanís opinion.  Chug a Lug

Have owned my '68 G.T. 500 convertible since 06/30/1976. Formerly owned 6S2295 and a few really cool Mustangs.
Coralsnake

www.thecoralsnake.com

WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »

Well, considering SAAC has been collecting for 40 plus years, I guess that could happen, but probably not in my lifetime.

Shelby Car Enthusiast, Shelby Researcher, theCoralsnake.com Webmaster and the official Conelec Public Relations Officer.
06 GT

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 03:07:13 PM »

but tell me, dont you want to see a registry on ALL the new vehicles Huh? just imagine the size of that volume...
Total production of early cars - Cobra/GT350/GT500 was what about 13,000.
I've heard there are at least 100,000 of the late model cars since 2005 - that's Ford & CS built as well as CS post title cars. So much for limited production. CS also would not release production numbers or registry information - I assume so people would feel their car was rare.

427heaven

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 08:40:31 AM »

Each group deserves its own place. Today the Girl scouts want to be like Boy scouts WTF.  AAAH No  There are distinct differences with different groups and that's what makes us all different not the same. What makes things kind of unique is when there is a blending of sorts that mix the groups which is ok just don't look to be the center of attention when your stuff is different than the others in the group. That's where they may choose to find other groups that have the same stuff! You know the old- Birds of a feather flock together.

Don Johnston

Email
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 12:02:08 PM »

TS registry is used to verify if the vehicle came out of the LV factory using the Ford VIN.  The names of current and past owners is not published. However, much like SAAC, they have posted on their forum that various Shelby named vehicles for sale are not as specified or actual factory cars.  Sometimes, like here, the history is disputed.  But they have their records and have burst a few bubbles, similar to instances on the SAAC forum.  Both TS and SAAC do a good job in maintaining specific records and history.

More of an issue is the history of the 2007-2014 Ford GT500 Mustangs.  TS only has a registry on those that were sent to them for modification into special KR, Super Snake or anniversary editions.  With over 45,000 late model GT500 produced, not likely owners will ever see a multi-volume publication. Cool

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Site Customized by DragonFly Designs StatsPowered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!