News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

salvage / burned/ stolen /68 cars thread

Started by gt350shelb, December 10, 2023, 11:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gt350shelb

8T03R216159-04390

Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

Bill

03278 KR convertible

Deceased/part out in upstate NY after an off road excursion in the 70's
Pre-internet, it took me several years to track down, finding owners of the fastback (two different VIN's to search, four states in total, again, pre-internet), and their stories, after finding the drivers door and dataplate on a spray can painted, red (original Burnt Amber), "A" code, 1967 Mustang fastback in a sparse small junkyard (less then 100 cars total) in a far northeast corner of upstate PA in 1992.
Very little of car left from what I was told, engine and transmission claimed by NY state trooper, body/chassis supposedly crushed after a few years being picked apart. Yet, all second hand information, years after the occurrence, I keep waiting for the car to come out of the woodwork, perhaps a mangled chassis in a barn, garage, warehouse, or show up as a "never restored" car covered in dust, but with plenty of aftermarket and non date coded chassis parts.

Bill

PS: Back when Shelbys started doubling in price, every few months, and the market was hot, hot, hot, I did have someone offer me four figures, for the door and associated, original dataplate that was in my possession. I had already reported the data to the appropriate SAAC registrar, and declined the offer. The door is no longer in my possession, having rotted away to not be worth moving, but the dataplate is.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0