Author Topic: Amp and Oil Pressure gauge bezels  (Read 12999 times)

bhoulis

• View Profile
Amp and Oil Pressure gauge bezels
« on: July 24, 2018, 06:57:20 PM »
Has anyone found a source for replacing the chrome bezels on the amp and oil pressure gauges? Are replacement bezels even available? I have my original gauges but the chrome is pretty ratty looking. Thanks. Brian

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
Re: Amp and Oil Pressure gauge bezels
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 12:08:17 AM »
Has anyone found a source for replacing the chrome bezels on the amp and oil pressure gauges? Are replacement bezels even available? I have my original gauges but the chrome is pretty ratty looking. Thanks. Brian
Sorry no easy button that I know of. One way is to buy another gauge with the correct bezel and switch it. Don't ask me witch ones because I go by sight and don't pay attention to MFG. Fortunately I have only had to do it a couple times in my life. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

bhoulis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:39:03 AM »
Thanks Bob. Sort of what I figured based on searching other forums and finding no sources. On the bright side, it gives another reason to go to swap meets. Brian

Bossbill

• SAAC Member
  • In the middle of Puget Sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 05:29:34 PM »
 phil@phidonrestorations.com restores these.
I was quoted a number for a redone or replaced chrome bezel (mine is also pitted), lens and painted pointer, which I won't mention here as it can change depending on what your gauges  need.

My gauges have a step in the bezel. The new SW gauges appear to have the bullnose, no step  chrome bezel. I think the repoped gauge panel uses the new SW gauges. The only difference I could spot in the re-released SW gauges, besides the bezel, are the small numbers at 12:00 o'clock.
There may other differences.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:43:21 PM by Bossbill »
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx