News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

1967 Quarters

Started by Hockeylife, November 23, 2018, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hockeylife

Hi, been looking for a nice original 67 Shelby for a while and came across one that look nice, but I'm not convinced rear quarter panel are original, though they are represented as such. Originally green, per the pics yellow, but now back to green. Any giveaways in the pics that would tell you the quarters have been replaced? I'm stuck on the black primer and sticker on the inside of the passenger quarter. Thanks

davez

I see a yellow and white ford parts sticker in the picture on the inside of the rh  quarter. Why would the stickers be added to original quarters and where would you get them? They may be original ford replacement quarters, probably coupes sectioned in. But they are not original to the car. Possibly seeing welding burns from new outer wheelhouses as well.

Coralsnake

Agreed, you have likely had some work done

gt350shelb

they are original to ford but not to the car
Some where some one is driving their collector car for the last time but they don't know it . Drive your car every time like it could be the last memory of it .

shelbydoug

There isn't anything wrong with that. They just aren't the original ones. I'd rather have an entire new fender then just a partial.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Hockeylife

Thanks guys, kept looking at the pics and then the sticker stood out, then the black stood out. I haven't bought the car, the final product is very nice....just not original. Search continues.

shelbydoug

Well keep in mind that many cars that have gone through a ground up restoration are going to have various colors of primers on the interior of the panels for rust protection in places that the originals never had.

If the labels were removed and everything sprayed oxide red primer it would be close to impossible to tell.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

J_Speegle

Quote from: shelbydoug on November 24, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
If the labels were removed and everything sprayed oxide red primer it would be close to impossible to tell.

Depending on how they are attached and possibly other things not visible in the pictures provided ;)
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: J_Speegle on November 25, 2018, 10:39:31 PM
Quote from: shelbydoug on November 24, 2018, 10:58:50 AM

Depending on how they are attached and possibly other things not visible in the pictures provided ;)
++++1
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby