News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

6S406 - Bring A Trailer

Started by silverton_ford, December 04, 2023, 08:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill

The convertible in Ohio that is linked to this cars comments does not have it's original engine installed. A request to see the VIN stamped in the block, and it's casting codes has not been responded to at this time.

Bill
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Coralsnake

I think I know where it is 😂

Mikelj5S230

Formerly known as CorvetteMike.

pbf777

Ya'know,.............. though B.A.T. does get more than it's share of "squirrels" in the peanut gallery, it is amazing how often questionable vehicles get 'revealed' by that same group!   :o

Scott.

Mikelj5S230

So, $220K+, well bought or well sold?

CharlesTurner

#3 value according to Hagerty

Seems like a good buy, thought there would be at least a 250k reserve.  Might have been less drama with an engine without a VIN stamp?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Coralsnake

J_Speegle

Guess having the floor replaced with one that with the features of later cars (late 67/68) didn't bother some bidders or they didn't notice. Well sold IMHO given the effort that it would take to correct at least that issue, as well with how one feels about the engine VIN issues. 
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Mikelj5S230

I am not the experts you guys are, but I would not have paid that much for the car, given the issues that were pretty clear to see.  The engine was just too much for me to accept, too many stories to spin to make that one fly. 

427hunter

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on December 12, 2023, 05:24:04 PM
I am not the experts you guys are, but I would not have paid that much for the car, given the issues that were pretty clear to see.  The engine was just too much for me to accept, too many stories to spin to make that one fly.

Why do we care what you would want to pay for a car ? I am not trying to be rude, I am just interested in why you would think we are interested.

"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years

Mikelj5S230

I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion dude, and I feel the same about you, so we are even. Get over it or get used to it, I don't give a shit.

427hunter

Quote from: MikeljGT500HE on December 12, 2023, 08:55:08 PM
I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks of my opinion dude, and I feel the same about you, so we are even. Get over it or get used to it, I don't give a shit.

I am very impressed with your bio corvetteman, please tell us more about yourself and your opinions.
"You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

Inigo Montoya

"This life's hard, man, but it's harder if you're stupid"

Jackie Brown

2000 hours of my life stolen by 602 over three years