News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Hoping to find grandfathers 1966 GT 350H

Started by Jbrown1985, November 05, 2023, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbrown1985

My grandfather Thornton Sydney "Punch" Brown owned this car. He sold it to his sister Johnette. The car was sold on the understanding it would not be sold out of the family. My dad dropped out of school and went to work  to raise the money to buy the car back from his aunt for what she paid my papaw for it. The price was agreed. She was bringing the car to my dad and someone offered her more money and she sold it to him over my dad. Still a touchy subject with dad. This was in the El Dorado Arkansas area probably early 80s. I could NEVER hope to afford to purchase the car if the current owner where even willing to sell it, assuming it has survived all these years. I would love to be able to at least get photos and videos if the current owner would be willing to do that. So if ANYONE has any idea where this car may be today it would mean so much to my family. Unfortunately we don't have the VIN#

propayne

Unique hood and wheels - I would think those would help in tracking it down.

Good luck and thanks for posting that great vintage pic - love those!

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

427heaven

Maybe a modified 66 Mustang? No 66 Dash mounted tach, 68-69 GT wheels, aftermarket hood... Best of luck in finding it!

Jbrown1985

Talked to my dad. Apparently before papaw got the car it was in a minor wreck. The hood was replaced as where the wheels. The tach was also stolen

98SVT - was 06GT

The hood may be the best clue. Get a registry and go through each listing. You may find one that says "had 67 style hood when purchased". I'd agree that it was a GT350. Side windows weren't a common modification in that time period.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Cobra66

Bullet mirrors on both driver and passenger sides were not very common either.