News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Do you like the direction SAAC has been going?

Started by Bill, September 05, 2023, 02:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossboss

Quote from: QuickSilverShelby on December 22, 2023, 10:52:37 PM
Quote from: Coralsnake on December 21, 2023, 06:09:45 AM
The lack of moderation and the ceding of moderation duties to people that dont have the best interests of the forum or club in mind is actually suppressing participation.
Pete is right.  My membership just came up for renewal and I haven't renewed....... yet.  I've been a member for only 20 years so that certainly makes me new to the forums :D.  Not sure if I'll renew or not.  There's some great people here and all the top,.....top Shelby and Cobra experts in the world are all right here and I want to support SAAC, the forum and all the good people but damn, it sure feels like people are pissed and not much is being done.  It feels like SAAC isn't progressing or moving forward.  I admit, I'm undecided if I should cough up my $50 lousy buck or not. 

QSS

No. I will not renew. Do NOT support the clown show...
Past owned Shelby's:
1968 GT-350--Gold
1970 GT-500--#3129--Grabber Orange.
Current lifelong projects:
1969 Mustang Fastback/FOX chassis, 5 speed, 4 wheel discs, with a modern Can-Am 494 (Boss 429), Kaase heads, intake with a 1425 cfm 'B' Autolite Inline carb, ala Trans-Am style
1968/70 Olds 442 W-30

427heaven

Fifty dollars is not going to add or subtract to the advancement of the club. As the group ages they dont Drive, Race, Show, Haul their beloved cars any more. They are more interested in what the auction prices are bringing these days. Many want to return to the Golden Years that we remember from decades gone by but we cant push water back up river it is long gone. The big events draw maybe 40 cars not hundreds any more so renting out a race venue becomes cost prohibitive. So where does that leave us going forward, possibly more local regional gatherings in a WAL MART parking lot or similar. This Venue just leaves an outlet to Piss and Moan about the economy, government, families , Grocery prices, individuals, and on and on. As the Holidays are on us lets try to focus on the cars, parts and history we so love about our pride and joy! Happy Holidays!!!

I drive my Shelby.It's what you do with an automobile.Designed for that...