News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Original Owners Manual and Used Car bill of Sale (1970) for 1968 #0841

Started by platnumheart666, August 24, 2023, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT350Lad

Yeah awesome.
I might buy it just so I can do that! Keep it in the SAAC family
6S373
6S1276

FL SAAC

They also have the Factory Original Temporary Owner Card/Plate
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Don Johnston

So why doesn't the owner of this Shelby have these items and why does the current seller have them?   8)

silverton_ford

They have been on ebay for a couple months now.   Originally they initially sold together with the owner card too.   

The new owner separated the owner card into a different auction, both are listed for more money from the very first auction, oh well. 

- https://www.ebay.com/itm/204343602160?hash=item2f93d3ebf0:g:088AAOSwV2hkaVjV

tesgt350

WOW, he traded in a 1965 VW for $1,000 on it.  Talk about going from one end of the Power Scale to the other.

Rodster-500

Quote from: Don Johnston on August 24, 2023, 11:28:44 PM
So why doesn't the owner of this Shelby have these items and why does the current seller have them?   8)

Great question. I have the exact same situation. A seller has the original owners manual to my 68 350 but refuses to sell.  ::)

I don't understand how a car and it's documents like an owners manual can be separated????

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Rodster-500 on August 25, 2023, 09:40:11 PM

Great question. I have the exact same situation. A seller has the original owners manual to my 68 350 but refuses to sell.  ::)

I don't understand how a car and it's documents like an owners manual can be separated????
In my case the 68 GT500 convertible seller kept the manual 45 years ago when he sold the car ether by accident or he wanted something to remember the car by. That owner he sold the car to then sold it to me 5 years later. Fast forward to today 45 years later and the original owners son contacted me through Vinny to talk about the car . During our conversation the subject of the owners manual came up and the son said his dad still had the manual and wanted to sell the manual to the current owner of the car. He sent a picture and it was in very poor shape to say the least. I said I would pay market rate for it . He had seen some sell on Ebay for 1000.00 -14000.00 he said .Of course he thought his dog eared torn poor condition manual was worth in that range.  I have bought and sold many 68 manuals over the years and even have a few nice original and even NOS manuals now so I was not going to pay a unreasonable amount for that one even though it was original to my car. Having a picture of the manual he sent me I could of course take a pen and fill in the information on one of my much nicer condition original ones just like original . I have not felt a need to do that.  It is nice when someone gives up a original manual to the present owner or even offers it at a current market value.   FYI I have found the ones filled out even command a much lower price compared  to a unfilled in one.That is because the filled out info only has value to the car it belongs to. I just can't abide by someone holding someone up with a unreasonable above market price because it was original to their car.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Coralsnake

Totally agree Mr Gaines.

It literally turns into a blackmail situation. There is only one "buyer". I would pay for an original piece, but I would not pay an inflated rate.

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Rodster-500

Quote from: Bob Gaines on August 26, 2023, 12:25:20 AM
Quote from: Rodster-500 on August 25, 2023, 09:40:11 PM

In my case the 68 GT500 convertible seller kept the manual 45 years ago when he sold the car ether by accident or he wanted something to remember the car by. That owner he sold the car to then sold it to me 5 years later. Fast forward to today 45 years later and the original owners son contacted me through Vinny to talk about the car . During our conversation the subject of the owners manual came up and the son said his dad still had the manual and wanted to sell the manual to the current owner of the car. He sent a picture and it was in very poor shape to say the least. I said I would pay market rate for it . He had seen some sell on Ebay for 1000.00 -14000.00 he said .Of course he thought his dog eared torn poor condition manual was worth in that range.  I have bought and sold many 68 manuals over the years and even have a few nice original and even NOS manuals now so I was not going to pay a unreasonable amount for that one even though it was original to my car. Having a picture of the manual he sent me I could of course take a pen and fill in the information on one of my much nicer condition original ones just like original . I have not felt a need to do that.  It is nice when someone gives up a original manual to the present owner or even offers it at a current market value.   FYI I have found the ones filled out even command a much lower price compared  to a unfilled in one.That is because the filled out info only has value to the car it belongs to. I just can't abide by someone holding someone up with a unreasonable above market price because it was original to their car.

Me either.  In my case the gentleman with my owners manual feels having it with the car will increase the car value by many thousands of dollars.
Hard to explain not everyone cares about items like that and the increase would realistically be less than what he thinks. 
It would be a great conversation piece to reunite the manual to the car but not at a king's randsom.

Coralsnake

I dont think an owners manual is going to change the price of a car.

The recent written on and taped up examples add very little in my opinion

Falls into the category of nice to have

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 29, 2023, 11:39:15 AM
I dont think an owners manual is going to change the price of a car.

The recent written on and taped up examples add very little in my opinion

Falls into the category of nice to have
+1 what he said.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rodster-500